•  
    Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Miles per gallon went up

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Boris, I don't see how you say Thymeclock was 'disrespectful' even if he was a bit satirical about your expressed opinion, hey it happens to us all. You come on here, with two posts - and you expect every other member to just buy your opinion 100%? Are we just a group of lemmings to you? Seriously? "I tried X product, I will now make my unverifiable claim that I get more MPGSs" - and so what its my second post.

I get a ton of information from the other members here and I greatly value them (as well as their opinions) for that information - and I don't know anything about you Boris, but I do know you come off as a paid troll - and I think it's funny as hell. Now can you get over it, and maybe - gee I don't know, post something pertinent about Aveos? Got any cool pics to share, or projects - aside from "product" drops?
      lmao. You must not have read his first reply in this thread. I actually re read it and it still makes me laugh when I read it. Perhaps you should go read it again as well. Maybe you need to slow down and actually read what he said.

Like his absolutely dumbfounded knowledge on what it is and what's in it. Then his adament emotional plea nothing took place. Still laughing because how TF could he even have a clue? He don't. Moisture can and will collect in the fuel rail on the Aveo, there is even a TSB for it. If he knows anything about what's in the can, which he openly admits ignorance to, he would see one of the chemicals has a voracious appetite to absorb water. He would also see another is a very effective injector cleaner. He would also see that there is a light lubricating oil in it. If any of you knew how an injector works you would understand a bit of lube does them good, especially with today's gas with most it's lubricating properties removed that gas of yesteryears had.

He says he has no clue what's in it, tells me it's water, then tells me it did not work. Well I am here to tell all the kids, experts and ignoramuses that I had a sudden and reoccurring increase in mileage after using it. I'd gather them water eliminating, cleaning and lubricating chemicals contained in that bottle had something to do with it. If not he put himself Into a position to explain to me what caused it then if he truly believes through his ignorance the seafoam did not.

Ya See, unlike him and his not knowing what's in the can (all he has to do is look at a can), I know what is in the can, what each ingredient does and I fully understand how removing water from the system, cleaning the injectors and lubricaring them can be beneficial to mileage.

Now go read his first reply. It's flipping hilarious.

His contention is dirty injectors and water in fuel rails and unlubed injectors will produce better mileage. Still laughing. What a tool.

Last edited by Boris Bush; 02-14-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Boris, I don't see how you say Thymeclock was 'disrespectful' even if he was a bit satirical about your expressed opinion, hey it happens to us all. You come on here, with two posts - and you expect every other member to just buy your opinion 100%? Are we just a group of lemmings to you? Seriously? "I tried X product, I will now make my unverifiable claim that I get more MPGSs" - and so what its my second post.

I get a ton of information from the other members here and I greatly value them (as well as their opinions) for that information - and I don't know anything about you Boris, but I do know you come off as a paid troll - and I think it's funny as hell. Now can you get over it, and maybe - gee I don't know, post something pertinent about Aveos? Got any cool pics to share, or projects - aside from "product" drops?
      I don't think Boris is here to do that. Don't expect him to get over it. He craves personal attention. His form of trolling is that he gets his jollies from being as insulting and provocative as possible. Just read his latest response. It's not only me he has a problem with. He rants that we're all ignorant here, etc. etc.

"Well I am here to tell all the kids, experts and ignoramuses that I had a sudden and reoccurring increase in mileage after using it."
      He can't tolerate any doubt or criticism of his belief in his favorite product. All he can do is lash out defensively, play the straw man tactic (constantly repeating his false interpretation of this thread) and jeer at everyone who doesn't agree with him. He aspires to be the resident list bully, with nothing to offer but being obnoxious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:

06T200 (02-15-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post

He can't tolerate any doubt or criticism of his belief in his favorite product. All he can do is lash out defensively, play the straw man tactic (constantly repeating his false interpretation of this thread) and jeer at everyone who doesn't agree with him. He aspires to be the resident list bully, with nothing to offer but being obnoxious.
      Tolerance for what. Tolerate your clear admission you have no clue what's in the can then tell me it's foaming water, then tell me it don't work? You sound like a politician talking down onto his subjects to tolerate, when there is nothing that needs tolerating. Your statements (clearly displayed in your admission of ignorance) contain nothing but your feelings. You would be taken much more serious if you came at it with a solid explanation to the sudden and continued increase in mileage. You concluded (through no experience) that my mileage went up for another reason, yet have to put forth the how's and whys of your claim. Now by going on your explanation of what's in seafoam, I don't have much confidence on you knowing much about anything that's mechanical.

As to the other guy who said post about projects and post pictures. It's a point a to point b car. Keep it well maintained and drive it, that's what it's for. It's not a put a wing on it with a fart can kind of car (to me, I have seen some snazzy aveos though).

Now instead of making reasons to not post what you know about foaming water, tell me how I had a sudden continued increase in mileage. That's it. Forget the seafoam, you concluded it did not work so be a man and ask qualifying questions to try to explain your stance after gathering information. To do that you must ask a question. From your first post your fist should have been what's in that can. You can skip that though. Ignore its use. Try to dig deep into how the car is maintained and driven, then make a presentation into your findings.

Thats is how you disagree with someone. You just can't tell someone well I say it ain't so, so it ain't so.

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Ok. After sitting silent for a bit I have noticed something.

Thymeclock has a blatantly obvious bias towards additives; SeaFoam specifically, and that is perfectly fine.

Boris has claimed that is has helped his fuel mileage, what it is backed by is irrelevant to an extent. He didn't post in a "spammy" way, nor tried to really sell the product. He stated how it impacted his mileage, and you could have simply ignored the thread if it irked you that strongly in the first place. However, I do see this from both sides. It's time to just stop bickering back and forth.

Regardless of whether someone has 15 posts, or 5k treat it the same to a degree. His head was nearly twisted off by simply posting about SeaFoam actually being a working product.

Everyone including Thymeclock is entitled to their opinion, however just spewing to run something into the ground is uncalled for. There is no reason for a discussion to be this heated, and that goes for everyone that has participated in this thread.

I don't care who started this at this point, what I can't understand is why both of you are SO damn childish and have allowed it to progress to this point.

Thymeclock needs to put more of a restrain on spewing his biases, and Boris needs to let it go. Well, both of you need to just let it go.

And before anyone "Quotes" me like Thymeclock has been doing, don't even bother. I want this argument to come to an end without referring to any previous posts, and NO personal biases!

That goes for everyone!

I guess I'm playing the role of Admin here.

-Andrew

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndrewButler05 For This Useful Post:

06T200 (02-15-2015),2010AveoLT (02-15-2015),MoneyMike (02-15-2015),PoisonIvy (02-15-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewButler05 View Post
      I guess I'm playing the role of Admin here.
      Yes, Andrew, I agree. No one appointed you to the position of administrator, nor can you grant authority to yourself. Your intent might be that of a peacemaker, but it results in an attempt to silence others. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I also agree that if any post disturbs anyone, including you, you need to ignore it instead of trying to police it.

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      What did I say about quoting someone? Not to mention the fact that you just agreed with me about if it disturbs you, to just ignore it.

-Andrew

Thanks
      I think we have fed the troll enough eh guys?

Urban Dictionary: troll

Personally I will ignore and let it move onto the next list..... im sure it has met whatever 'troll quota' needed. and thanks for the chuckle. Once this thread dies, so will the troll. Hint - hint lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 06T200 For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-15-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Yes, Andrew, I agree. No one appointed you to the position of administrator, nor can you grant authority to yourself. Your intent might be that of a peacemaker, but it results in an attempt to silence others. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I also agree that if any post disturbs anyone, including you, you need to ignore it instead of trying to police it.
      thats the problem online. Anyone can come along and proclaim themself the ultimate authority on anything they decide they feel like being that day.

If he were actually playing roll of moderator he would go to thymes first reply and set him straight on the common knowledge the contents of the can is listed on the can and quickly and decisively tell him it is not gas foaming water, as he so expertly let everyone know it is. Then let him know his inexperience with a product is in no way real world comparable to actual use of a product experience.

The sole purpose of my post was to let people know a well maintained Aveo experienced an easily verifiable mileage increase during MY actual use of the car. That's it. Mr. It's water that foams gas in a can is now burdened with proving first it is water, then to prove either my mileage did not go up or supply evidence to everyone how a sudden and continued increase of mileage is being experienced. Forget the seafoam use at that point. If I knew what else other than the supposed failure of seafoam, I would have made no post because I would not be able to provide people here how to get that extra mileage. Thyme just ain't getting it. I am telling everyone what I did and the end result of doing so. Thyme says nope, seafoam did not produce sustained mileage increase. So pony TF up kid. You act as if you know yet continue to insult your own intelligence by still claiming the contents in the bottle do nothing. Maybe you should look them up and discover the contents absorb water and will dissolve varnish and carbon from valves and injectors. It just may have something to do with the mpg jump immediately after it was run for a full tank. That's it thyme. Now tell everyone why the mpg jump, ignore the use of Seafoam.

Everyone else can can just move along, let thyme stew in his own stupidity. He just can't come along and think he will convince me its foaming water and does nothing. I do know a tad about chemistry. So he made himself look like an 8th grade drop out at that point. The rest of his "information" is pure emotion. He don't even offer up a counter opinion let alone experience or a knowledge based theory at the minimum.

so thyme, pony up. Ignore seafoam. Imagine the thread starting out "I am getting 4+mpg on my 100,000 mile aveo after doing nothing to it" and tell us exactly it is what you know how and why it is happening continuously. You have declared you know, yet have not told us oh so smart one.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewButler05 View Post
      What did I say about quoting someone? Not to mention the fact that you just agreed with me about if it disturbs you, to just ignore it. Andrew
      Who do you think you are to prohibit quoting? The wanna-be administrator, eh? I know quoting other participants disturbs you (and your pal, Boris) but as I said in an earlier post, if you don't like it that's just too damn bad.

Some people find quotes of what they said disturbing because they are actual and factual - unlike fabrication and spin about what was actually stated.

Thanks
      I think we have fed the troll enough eh guys?

Urban Dictionary: troll

Personally I will ignore and let it move onto the next list..... im sure it has met whatever 'troll quota' needed. and thanks for the chuckle. Once this thread dies, so will the troll. Hint - hint lol
      You might notice that I stopped replying to Boris a while ago. But he can't help himself. He still feels threatened.

Boris will not stop, because he thinks he will dominate and "win" an argument by churning out relentless posts full of insults and mockery. Wanna-be speech cops want to dominate, too...

Last edited by Thymeclock; 02-15-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast