•  
    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miles per gallon went up

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      oh, i always get better gas mileage driving east to west than west to east because of the drag of the rotation of the earth too.. driving north and south never seems to have a change in my mpg.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Seafoam kicked my dog and made fun of me, I'll never use it again.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Really? Over 10 posts to defend your second post ever to a forum? Nice conclusion there... And you call others childish? So much for a logical direction eh? I think others might want to take this post as opinion - ONLY.
      Boris is allowed to have his opinion, and we can learn a lot about him from the way in which he expresses himself. I accept that he really, truly believes that what he is saying is true. I can't accept or condone his constant, hyper-defensive verbal abuse.

Unfortunately, his claim is all about his belief, and all about his testimony in support of a product. Even if it might be true, it doesn't constitute PROOF of what he is claiming.

Boris' testimony might have been taken more seriously if he hadn't relentlessly engaged in a constant battle of mud-slinging insults, every time anyone questioned his perceived evidence and eventually his veracity. If someone is secure in their belief or their knowledge, they don't become aggressive and go ballistic every time anyone raises doubt about their claims. When someone acts that way it raises other questions as to why they quickly become so emotionally volatile.

This thread is quite spectacular: why is there such defensive and aggressive posturing about a bottle of additive?

Boris, among those of us who frequent this forum, we may not always agree. But we do show mutual respect toward each other and no one here engages in constant insults as a substitute for discussion. Reputation matters, and credibility is derived from reputation. It will be very hard for you to regain your reputation here - especially if you can't offer anything more than continued defensive and insulting remarks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:

06T200 (02-14-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post

Boris you must has an eidetic memory to remember precisely what the temperature was at fill up.
      Rabbit,

I suspect that the word "eidetic" is not in Boris's limited vocabulary.

I don't mind the debate here, i have not seen any out of line personal attacks. I leave it at that.
      If you review the entire thread there are many, in virtually every post he has made. I could copy and paste a list of all his past and ongoing insults, but they are recorded and already seen in virtually every post he has made here. Or we can ignore Boris's insults and eventually ignore him, if need be. Apparently he has nothing else to offer.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Boris is allowed to have his opinion, and we can learn a lot about him from the way in which he expresses himself. I accept that he really, truly believes that what he is saying is true. I can't accept or condone his constant, hyper-defensive verbal abuse.

Unfortunately, his claim is all about his belief, and all about his testimony in support of a product. Even if it might be true, it doesn't constitute PROOF of what he is claiming.

Boris' testimony might have been taken more seriously if he hadn't relentlessly engaged in a constant battle of mud-slinging insults, every time anyone questioned his perceived evidence and eventually his veracity. If someone is secure in their belief or their knowledge, they don't become aggressive and go ballistic every time anyone raises doubt about their claims. When someone acts that way it raises other questions as to why they quickly become so emotionally volatile.

This thread is quite spectacular: why is there such defensive and aggressive posturing about a bottle of additive?

Boris, among those of us who frequent this forum, we may not always agree. But we do show mutual respect toward each other and no one here engages in constant insults as a substitute for discussion. Reputation matters, and credibility is derived from reputation. It will be very hard for you to regain your reputation here - especially if you can't offer anything more than continued defensive and insulting remarks.
      Mutual respect. First off if the know it all demands he knows exactly what took place then he needs to tell me the how's and whys. His level of intelligence, experience and ability to make a valid comment is based on his admited ignorance of what's in the can when its listed right on the can in such detail that the CAS number is even given. Then proceedes to tell me it's water that foams the gas. He is pretty adamant nothing happened, and in his opinion performance in every category should be degraded. Pour 16oz of water in your tank and let me know how much better it runs. Dude sounds like a real intelligent winner to me. Mutual respect huh?

If if that's mutual respect then he is a rock star around these parts.

He and some others seem to think experience around the subject at hand on a forum is directly corolated to post count. It is only an indicator of the accusers pedigree that a person with 5 posts is but 16 with 150 total on road miles who never even checked oil level. Might work out swell for the cyber guys but that chit is flat out funny. All I did was report an observed increase in mileage after use of a product just shy of 100K miles when the well maintained vehicle has never seen that kind of mileage. If the one variable is not the cause then the know all must explain how the increase was produced and how it could be reproduced by doing absolutely nothing different.

I don't care about anyone else's car. I am telling y'all what happened after a product was introduced to the mix. He obviously listens to the know all old guy at autozone. Them types in my experience are the least knowledgable, easy to pick out and are eager to vomit that crap onto the keyboard at any opportunity they get and hit the send button.

So back to the respect thing. All he did was take a dump on his keyboard and hit submit reply. He literally has no explanation to prove his point on how I get more MPG. That's all he has to do, I'm sure he has told the old timer at the autozone desk by now, let's here what the def in one ear old coot had to say.
      Last edited by Boris Bush; 02-14-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Really? Over 10 posts to defend your second post ever to a forum? Nice conclusion there... And you call others childish? So much for a logical direction eh? I think others might want to take this post as opinion - ONLY.
      Shhh. In saying this you might make Boris madder than ever.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I had three Paczkis today. All were Bavarian crime filled. I spend most my day outside and it's been so cold that my 2700-2800 calories a day diet has resulted in 7 lost pounds the past 2 weeks. How many more calories will I have to eat every day to gain the weight back then maintain it. Add a few more in because it's going to be chilly this weekend. 20-30mph winds and the high temp tomorrow will be 10F at about 6am with dropping temps all day and on Sunday windchills will be -30F at best all day. Keep in mind frost bite sets in at 10 minutes and I will be out most the day and do enough work to make enough heat to keep my skin from freezing.

We still have a lot of winter left and I don't want to be down 30 pounds at the end of it.

Im thinking just drink some seafoam. What you guys think?

Thanks
      Gee that's funny, because when I look on your profile for THIS forum, I click "see all posts" and I see one back in Sept you chimed in about motor oil brand, then your second post in the list - is this one. Troll much?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post

I got a good chuckle, fanboys and their brands. lol Thanks to the other members for keeping it real.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Boris Bush View Post
      Mutual respect. First off if the know it all demands he knows exactly what took place then he needs to tell me the how's and whys. His level of intelligence, experience and ability to make a valid comment is based on his admited ignorance of what's in the can when its listed right on the can in such detail that the CAS number is even given. Then proceedes to tell me it's water that foams the gas. He is pretty adamant nothing happened, and in his opinion performance in every category should be degraded. Pour 16oz of water in your tank and let me know how much better it runs. Dude sounds like a real intelligent winner to me. Mutual respect huh?

If if that's mutual respect then he is a rock star around these parts.

He and some others seem to think experience around the subject at hand on a forum is directly corolated to post count. It is only an indicator of the accusers pedigree that a person with 5 posts is but 16 with 150 total on road miles who never even checked oil level. Might work out swell for the cyber guys but that chit is flat out funny. All I did was report an observed increase in mileage after use of a product just shy of 100K miles when the well maintained vehicle has never seen that kind of mileage. If the one variable is not the cause then the know all must explain how the increase was produced and how it could be reproduced by doing absolutely nothing different.

I don't care about anyone else's car. I am telling y'all what happened after a product was introduced to the mix. He obviously listens to the know all old guy at autozone. Them types in my experience are the least knowledgable, easy to pick out and are eager to vomit that crap onto the keyboard at any opportunity they get and hit the send button.

So back to the respect thing. All he did was take a dump on his keyboard and hit submit reply. He literally has no explanation to prove his point on how I get more MPG. That's all he has to do, I'm sure he has told the old timer at the autozone desk by now, let's here what the def in one ear old coot had to say.
      Boris, I don't see how you say Thymeclock was 'disrespectful' even if he was a bit satirical about your expressed opinion, hey it happens to us all. You come on here, with two posts - and you expect every other member to just buy your opinion 100%? Are we just a group of lemmings to you? Seriously? "I tried X product, I will now make my unverifiable claim that I get more MPGSs" - and so what its my second post.

I get a ton of information from the other members here and I greatly value them (as well as their opinions) for that information - and I don't know anything about you Boris, but I do know you come off as a paid troll - and I think it's funny as hell. Now can you get over it, and maybe - gee I don't know, post something pertinent about Aveos? Got any cool pics to share, or projects - aside from "product" drops?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast