•  
    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Miles per gallon went up

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      What was the direction and speed of the wind on your one-way trip? That could have had an influence on your numbers.
      He never answered this question. Engaging in a battle of words took precedence over reasoned discussion.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      He never answered this question. Engaging in a battle of words took precedence over reasoned discussion.
      His question was inane, that's why. Head wind, tail wind the most difference I ever noticed it make was +\-.4-.5 mpg. A few pounds low on tire psi will make a larger difference.

I looked on on google maps. 27% was primarily east, 4% was primarily west and 69% was primarily north. Light winds at 10mph and maybe slight gusts more, was a pretty calm day. The wind direction was from the north east.

your other post kiddo, just makes you look even more stupid. Have you any clue what a forum is? I got better, I verified to myself what it did after I used seafoam, I did not set out on a laboratory experiment to prove or disprove anything. So of course your dumbazz can demand verifiable evidence and never get it. Maybe you should endorse a large expensive firm to do an independent test. Got news for Ya son, the only way it could be verified is to do actual on the road tests with mechanically sound cars with a known effeciency rating logged over a long period of time and then throw in whatever it is they are testing along with a placebo over a large study group. Knock yourself out financing that one.

This is is a public place for people to share information. Not a website run by a laboratory. You are so disconnected and self centered that you have no skill in the concept of what reality is. Let me run it by you. I got a noticable increase in mileage. You say I did not. Now this may shock you, but you have the burden of proof from where I sit. You sound like a bumbling idiot telling me I don't know how to use a calculator to calculate mileage. A kid in the second grade could do it.

Now instead of getting emotional. Provide verifiable proof why I got better mileage. Forget I even used seafoam. Tell me what happened to cause such a huge jump in mileage. You say you know. So tell us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-08-2015)

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Boris Bush View Post
      His question was inane, that's why.
      Gee, Boris, anyone who dares to question you is "inane". Everyone but you...

I looked on on google maps. 27% was primarily east, 4% was primarily west and 69% was primarily north. Light winds at 10mph and maybe slight gusts more, was a pretty calm day. The wind direction was from the north east.
      And now you say you previously took notes on this to convince us? I don't believe you.

your other post kiddo, just makes you look even more stupid.
      Here come more insults again from Boris. That's not discussion "kiddo". Yours are the cowardly words of one who feels chronically threatened.
      Have you any clue what a forum is?
      Yes, it's a place where adults discuss topics and respond to each other without resorting to constant insults, as you do.

So of course your dumbazz can demand verifiable evidence and never get it.
      Boris, that's just another childish insult. Do you realize that you increase your lack of credibility every time you resort to that tactic?

Maybe you should endorse a large expensive firm to do an independent test. Got news for Ya son, the only way it could be verified is to do actual on the road tests with mechanically sound cars with a known effeciency rating logged over a long period of time and then throw in whatever it is they are testing along with a placebo over a large study group. Knock yourself out financing that one.
      You are starting to agree with me in that your results cannot be proven. Maybe that's progress....
      This is is a public place for people to share information. Not a website run by a laboratory. You are so disconnected and self centered that you have no skill in the concept of what reality is. Let me run it by you. I got a noticable increase in mileage. You say I did not.
      Nope. Go back and read what I wrote. You will find that I said that I doubted that you did, or that it might be from factors other than SeaFoam. You worked yourself into a rage and went on a defensive rant of relentless insults after that, and it continues still. You become enraged when anyone doubts you. That's a psychological problem, and one that you continue to demonstrate with your latest barrage of insults.

Now this may shock you, but you have the burden of proof from where I sit. You sound like a bumbling idiot telling me I don't know how to use a calculator to calculate mileage. A kid in the second grade could do it.
      Nothing shocks me. You can't prove your claim, Boris. It's anecdotal. It's unprovable, which frustrates and enrages you all the more.

Now instead of getting emotional. Provide verifiable proof why I got better mileage. Forget I even used seafoam. Tell me what happened to cause such a huge jump in mileage. You say you know. So tell us.
      Contrary to your aggressive attempts at trying to put words in my mouth, I don't know and I don't care, either. By now I don't believe you did get "such a huge jump in mileage" as you claimed. It's your job to convince us with verifiable proof why you got better mileage. That makes you hopping mad, because it can't be done. Your words of relentless sarcasm and insult express your frustration. Everything you write demonstrates it. Also your whole aggressively defensive attitude reduces your credibility to zero.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:

06T200 (02-12-2015)

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-09-2015)

Thanks
      Really? Over 10 posts to defend your second post ever to a forum? Nice conclusion there... And you call others childish? So much for a logical direction eh? I think others might want to take this post as opinion - ONLY.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 06T200 For This Useful Post:

Thymeclock (02-14-2015)

Thanks
      Seeing as this thread has sunk to just entertainment value, here is yet another differing opinion with a bit more 'scientific' method thrown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1AS8j17ZY

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Really? Over 10 posts to defend your second post ever to a forum? Nice conclusion there... And you call others childish? So much for a logical direction eh? I think others might want to take this post as opinion - ONLY.
      If you were on family fued you would have that buzzing noise followed by a huge X in a box automatically appear on that post. My second post was made some time ago.

So take your agenda, whatever it may be and go find someone on their actual second post ever as you put it and get tough with them.

What at you and Dbag fail to understand is it is not an opinion. I am reporting what happened after use of a product. You and the other kids have the opinion. Your opinion, with never driving my well maintained car is the mileage gain is somehow magical in nature.

So explain to me as of yesterday's fill up, the car is still experiencing noticeably more miles per gallon, and we ain't been above 20F for weeks here. A time of year mileage typically goes down. That's all you and the other know all expert need to do. You guys seem to know best. Nothing in my routine changed other than this fuel system cleaner. In every scientific event I have ever observed, when something foreign is introduced and a change is observed, the foreign object is the causation. If you say otherwise then by all means. Educate everyone with your superior knowledge. Till then guess what? That foreign substance added many miles ago is still showing observable changes to mileage in a positive manner. What you got For proof otherwise?
      Last edited by Boris Bush; 02-12-2015 at 04:38 PM.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Boris Bush View Post
      If you were on family fued you would have that buzzing noise followed by a huge X in a box automatically appear on that post. My second post was made some time ago.

So take your agenda, whatever it may be and go find someone on their actual second post ever as you put it and get tough with them.

What at you and Dbag fail to understand is it is not an opinion. I am reporting what happened after use of a product. You and the other kids have the opinion. Your opinion, with never driving my well maintained car is the mileage gain is somehow magical in nature.

So explain to me as of yesterday's fill up, the car is still experiencing noticeably more miles per gallon, and we ain't been above 20F for weeks here. A time of year mileage typically goes down. That's all you and the other know all expert need to do. You guys seem to know best. Nothing in my routine changed other than this fuel system cleaner. In every scientific event I have ever observed, when something foreign is introduced and a change is observed, the foreign object is the causation. If you say otherwise then by all means. Educate everyone with your superior knowledge. Till then guess what? That foreign substance added many miles ago is still showing observable changes to mileage in a positive manner. What you got For proof otherwise?
      I'm going to add my two cents here by showing an excerpt from Snopes about Gasoline:

1. Fill up your car or truck in the morning when the temperature is still cool. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground; and the colder the ground, the denser the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so if you're filling up in the afternoon or in the evening, what should be a gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and temperature of the fuel (gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products) are significant. Every truckload that we load is temperature-compensated so that the indicated gallonage is actually the amount pumped. A one-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for businesses, but service stations don't have temperature compensation at their pumps.
      Read more at snopes.com: Tips on Pumping Gas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      I'm going to add my two cents here by showing an excerpt from Snopes about Gasoline:
      Too funny, because the weather has been the same since November. The science was the same on a november 15F day as it is on a 15F January day. the only variable was a system cleaner being added.

It's like me telling y'all I had meatloaf for dinner last night. Then some know it alls tell me no you didn't. Lmao, OK.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-15-2015)

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Our gas station equipment claims to compensate for temperature as part of product management. We use a Veeder-root dispensing and tank gauging system.

Boris you must has an eidetic memory to remember precisely what the temperature was at fill up. Here is a few things. Gas is never the same. Additives are added by the truck drivers, not a "factory" so even buying gas at the same station doesn't mean it the same gas if the drivers delivering it are different. So your variables and not 100% set like you claim.

I have had a 4 mpg difference after an oil change, I have had a 6 mpg difference in using a gas with better additives versus a gas with no real additives (cheap stuff) I have even seen a 5 mpg change after new plugs.. So by your logic if I did an oil change, and a tune up before leaving on a trip and got good gas, and just happened to use a cleaning product, that potential 15mpg improvement (not that it overlaps like that) would solely be the result of the cleaning product. And nothing else, because oil, fuel and plugs do not make increases like that (but they do). I have neglected my car to the point of getting down it 12-15 mpg, I have never used any cleaning, additive, or other magical products.

I don't mind the debate here, i have not seen any out of line personal attacks. I leave it at that.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast