•  
    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miles per gallon went up

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Talk about arrogant and condescending. Your comment is demonstrably that. Anybody can Google anything, but frankly, I don't care or need to know about Jenga because it has nothing to do with automotive additives. No one knows everything - not even you.

So that's it. You have appointed yourself to be the speech police and no negativity or skepticism is allowed, because it disturbs you..

In other words, only positive comments about SeaFoam are now welcome in this thread. So don't dare say anything other that that or you will be belittled. That's an attempt at silencing others through intimidation.

Okay...

Seafoam is the best additive ever invented. It works miracles! It increases MPG! Everyone should use it, the more frequently, the better. Never question this product or claims made about effectiveness. People who question or disagree need to be ridiculed and SILENCED!

Are you happy now?
      There is nothing wrong with a comment it didn't work for you. Keep it in context though. If you never used it, then you have no comment, so don't make one. If you used it to fix a mechanical problem let that be known too, even I will tell you any mechanic in a can will fail.

The problem is you told us the product in the can is a mystery, no one knows what it is. Then imply it's just water that foams up the gas. Dude, the can says exactly what's in it, the MSDS is readily available. So you made yourself look pretty ignorant of them facts right off the bat. You didn't stop there though. You even went as far as saying my car did not in fact get 4mpg more. I would love to know how you know that in the first place, then explain to me why I am continuing to get better mileage. But nope, all you offer is you know best and it did not work. I'm open to anything. You seem to know best, so prove why I'm getting better mileage now. That's all dude. It obviously is not the seafoam.

Last edited by Boris Bush; 02-07-2015 at 06:31 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-07-2015)

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Boris Bush View Post
      There is nothing wrong with a comment it didn't work for you. Keep it in context though. If you never used it, then you have no comment, so don't make one. If you used it to fix a mechanical problem let that be known too, even I will tell you any mechanic in a can will fail.

The problem is you told us the product in the can is a mystery, no one knows what it is. Then imply it's just water that foams up the gas. Dude, the can says exactly what's in it, the MSDS is readily available. So you made yourself look pretty ignorant of them facts right off the bat. You didn't stop there though. You even went as far as saying my car did not in fact get 4mpg more. I would love to know how you know that in the first place, then explain to me why I am continuing to get better mileage. But nope, all you offer is you know best and it did not work. I'm open to anything. You seem to know best, so prove why I'm getting better mileage now. That's all dude. It obviously is not the seafoam.
      Exactly. He also didn't like it when I was arrogant and condescending towards him like he has done to us.

I'm done commenting unless someone else chimes in and offers something else to this thread.

-Andrew

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewButler05 For This Useful Post:

Boris Bush (02-07-2015)

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewButler05 View Post
      I'm done commenting unless someone else chimes in and offers something else to this thread.
      After all this and seeing your intimidation tactics, do you really think anyone would dare say anything less than positive about this additive, or for that matter dare to say anything critical at all?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Not to defend/offend anyone, but when I first saw this post it smacked of 'seafoam shill' IMO. Years back it was extremely common to see online posts from (so called) users with a very low post count, show up and post a similar claim. Something like " I saved $$ using XYZ product", what many were able to flesh out as paid marketing trolls, using clever marketing with a bit of research. Some sort of intake 'vortex' widget comes to mind, or 12vdc 'blowers' claims were really out there on many forums. So Boris, I think you accidentally, not by intent appeared as one of the said 'trolls' of the past, and this may have triggered some bias. I would not take Thymeclock's comments as an attack, just a bias perhaps, many of us have.
      Yes, the shill factor does come to mind, doesn't it?

Yes, I'm biased against products that are of unproven effectiveness. I'm biased against anecdotal claims that cannot be substantiated. I'm biased against those who seek to ridicule or silence me for having a differing opinion and expressing it.

But that's my opinion, and I have the right to say it - and if anyone doesn't like it, that's too damn bad.

Thanks
      Yes, the shill factor does come to mind, doesn't it?

Yes, I'm biased against products that are of unproven effectiveness. I'm biased against anecdotal claims that cannot be substantiated. I'm biased against those who seek to ridicule or silence me for having a differing opinion and expressing it.

But that's my opinion, and I have the right to say it - and if anyone doesn't like it, that's too damn bad.
      so what you are saying is you never used it but somehow know it don't work. I mean it's just foaming water in a can, you even said so.

We had a goat that loved standing at the electric fence for hours at a time licking the electric fence. Seemed to enjoy it. Would stand there for hours. You could hear it when you were outside. Zap and it's reaction, zap and another painful reaction. Zaps for hours on end. You are acting just like that goat. I got so tired of it I killed it and gave it to a family down the road that could use the meat.

Stop licking the electric fence dude, it's getting annoying.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-07-2015)

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      so what you are saying is you never used it but somehow know it don't work. I mean it's just foaming water in a can, you even said so.

We had a goat that loved standing at the electric fence for hours at a time licking the electric fence. Seemed to enjoy it. Would stand there for hours. You could hear it when you were outside. Zap and it's reaction, zap and another painful reaction. Zaps for hours on end. You are acting just like that goat. I got so tired of it I killed it and gave it to a family down the road that could use the meat.

I know I said I was going to refrain from commenting, but you just made my night!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-Andrew

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewButler05 View Post
      I know I said I was going to refrain from commenting, but you just made my night!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-Andrew
      So Andrew, in commenting once again, you have contradicted yourself, because you love to argue over anything and everything, with whomever might disagree with you. You now find the continuation of provoking argument with me irresistible.

This thread is no longer about the actual topic. It has devolved into your trying to silence those with whom you disagree.

You need not try to deny it, because your posts (especially this latest one) illustrate it to be true, and on the record for anyone reading this thread to see. You have nothing of substance or actual discussion to offer except relentless derision and mockery.
      BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      Keep laughing and jeering. Make a complete fool of yourself. That's what demagogues do to attract an audience of like minded fools. That's all you can hope to attract - a mob of similar immature, useful idiots.

Thanks

I'm glad you are annoyed by me, DUDE. You get to deal with it, DUDE. This is a discussion forum, not a nursery class with Boris as the self-appointed nanny in charge, DUDE.

I tolerate your opinions without being annoyed, and you get to tolerate my opinion. But you will forever be annoyed by others - as long as you are intolerant and disdainful of those that voice an opinion that differs from yours.

If and when you learn to be tolerant of disagreement, you might then become a mature adult who is not chronically annoyed, DUDE.
      Last edited by Thymeclock; 02-08-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks
      I'm glad you are annoyed by me, DUDE. You get to deal with it, DUDE. This is a discussion forum, not a nursery class with Boris as the self-appointed nanny in charge, DUDE.

I tolerate your opinions without being annoyed, and you get to tolerate my opinion. But you will forever be annoyed by others - as long as you are intolerant and disdainful of those that voice an opinion that differs from yours.

If and when you learn to be tolerant of disagreement, you might then become a mature adult who is not chronically annoyed, DUDE.
      Stop with telling me what I am. It's the other way around. From your first post all you have expressed is emotion. You don't even have an opinion. Your feelings were hurt from the start and all your doing is letting everyone know it.

You started off telling me I don't know what's in it, when that's you. You told me what's actually in it and what it does, what you think is in it and what it does. Then you told me it doesn't work. That's pure emotion son (your emotion). You don't have an opinion. You don't even know why you are posting. You just do. That's emotion, not opinion or experience. You are annoyed because I lol at you and then you tell me I'm annoyed. Lol again at you.

Not everyone is as dumb as you. Get over it, lick your wounds and learn something. The lesson you need to learn has nothing to do with seafoam. The lesson you need to learn is no one cares about your emotions. Find a forum for mental disorders and post about your problems there, it's obvious we don't want to help you with your issues. We are here to help share useful information about a certain model of car.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-08-2015)

Thanks
      Stop with telling me what I am. It's the other way around. From your first post all you have expressed is emotion. You don't even have an opinion. Your feelings were hurt from the start and all your doing is letting everyone know it.

You started off telling me I don't know what's in it, when that's you. You told me what's actually in it and what it does, what you think is in it and what it does. Then you told me it doesn't work. That's pure emotion son (your emotion). You don't have an opinion. You don't even know why you are posting. You just do. That's emotion, not opinion or experience. You are annoyed because I lol at you and then you tell me I'm annoyed. Lol again at you.

Not everyone is as dumb as you. Get over it, lick your wounds and learn something. The lesson you need to learn has nothing to do with seafoam. The lesson you need to learn is no one cares about your emotions. Find a forum for mental disorders and post about your problems there, it's obvious we don't want to help you with your issues. We are here to help share useful information about a certain model of car.
      If ever there were an example of an overly emotional response it's your latest reply, above.

OK, Boris, let's see if you can deal with logic and actual statements made on record:

I initially questioned what the ingredients were and I implied that the name of SeaFoam was suggestive to the point of being silly in its imagery. Others here posted relevant information as to the ingredients, and I researched what they are and added relevant links from other forums discussing SeaFoam. I also went to the SeaFoam website to learn the history of the product, how it got it’s name, etc. (BTW, Marvel Mystery Oil, another cleverly named additive, has been around as long and some loyal users of that swear by it, just as you believe in SeaFoam.) You felt threatened and became angry that your favorite additive was being subjected to scrutiny. You tied your ego to a bottle of additive and took criticism and skepticism of it as a personal attack. Taking things personally is immature, defensive behavior and entirely emotional in nature.

Over the course of three pages I explained that your experience with it is anecdotal. You kept insisting that a burden of proof is on me, simply because I don't believe your claim of a dramatic increase in MPG. No Boris, I don't have to disprove anything. Your testimonial does not constitute proof, and it never will, because it can't. The point you are missing (or refuse to admit) is that there is no way you can ever prove that the product is effective, or that it caused the increase in MPG you are claiming. For all we know you may be lying, or exaggerating, or be a shill for Seafoam, or simply be mistaken in that what you are claiming might be due to some other factor other than the SeaFoam you used.

All you have offered in this thread is your belief that SeaFoam worked for you and caused a dramatic increase in MPG. Over three pages of your emotional and provocative responses you demonstrated that you become upset and angry when someone doubts you, and you remain hyper-defensive, with repeated insults and name-calling:

“Pretty sure my 11 year old boy knows more about maintaining a car than you do. From what you've said so far that's not an insult.”

“Stop licking the electric fence dude, it's getting annoying.”

“Lol again at you. Not everyone is as dumb as you. Find a forum for mental disorders and post about your problems there, it's obvious we don't want to help you with your issues.”
      Those are your words. Your insulting comments are not a discussion of SeaFoam. They are pathetically desperate attempts at defensiveness. I haven’t sunk to your level of invective. Name-calling tells us nothing about the recipient of the insults. But it says a lot about the mentality of the one who calls names and relentlessly spews insults.

Last edited by Thymeclock; 02-08-2015 at 06:05 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:

06T200 (02-12-2015)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast