•  
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Miles per gallon went up

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      No one can argue with your logic, its splinter skilled in nature. Your have to be right, so you are right. Its like pouring bleach on my black shirt to get rid of a stain, the stain disappears so my logic is right. EVERYBODY USE BLEACH on their stains too! I only got one stain in the 100 times I wore the shirt so its ok to use bleach. Never mind everyone else notices the bleach ate through the rest of the shirt, and its now white. The stain is gone, so everyone should use bleach because it took the stain away like I said.

My point is your taking a product that was developed 70 years ago, for things manufactured 70 years ago. And remains unchanged and is only relevant in the minds of people who believe it works. There is no before and after proof, anywhere. No one tears apart an engine to show how dirty it is and reassemble it and just to run seafoam, and tear it back down to prove it worked. It only "helps" clean the engine, just like a politician "creates" jobs, vaccines "cause" autism, and Obama "won" the war in iraq.

70 years old, and "helps" From the source:

Sea Foam Makes People's Lives Easier; Story to be Told on Angling Edge TV - Sea Foam Sales Company

I going to go buy seafoam for all my cars right now. Not because it will do anything, but because you said it works.

Troubles reading still? I said it worked for me, and I am willing to share the information. Your point is pure conjecture. You need a point before you can get to it. Your avoidance of what is denatured alcohol also tells me you have no clue what it is. I will give you some pointers on what it is. That E10 you fill up with is 10% denatured alcohol. It's nothing more than ethanol with poison added to make it non consumable. It's in the gas already. You clearly don't know the difference between ethanol and isopropyl alcohol. Unless you have a flex fuel engine. I will agree, it cleans great. I have a ranger I drive sometimes that is flex fuel and I ran E85 in it when gas was almost $4.00 a gallon and E85 was just over $2.00 a gallon. Oil stayed clean and clear forever spark plugs had barely any color to them, looked almost new, but that's at 85%. It runs great on E85.

So so let's forget about bleach, it's inane to the topic. Let's forget your ethanol (denatured alcohol) claim, our gas is already at 10% denatured alcohol.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      lets forget about everything.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      why the mods haven't locked this yet...

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      why the mods haven't locked this yet...
      Do you really want this forum to resort to an authoritarian way of silencing differences of opinion?

Let Boris keep spewing his relentless insults and derisive comments. He came to this forum to perpetuate interminable arguments with anyone who might disagree with him. That IS his entire record of reputation here and it continues, on and on. When a newcomer does nothing but insult and argue with longstanding, knowledgeable people in a forum, his immature behavior is that of a troll.

Since Boris treats everyone as his personal enemy, he has marginalized himself here. I'm ignoring him, but we should be able to continue to point out his bad behavior.

Oh Boris, how you bore us...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:

06T200 (02-18-2015)

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Do you really want this forum to resort to an authoritarian way of silencing differences of opinion?

Let Boris keep spewing his relentless insults and derisive comments. He came to this forum to perpetuate interminable arguments with anyone who might disagree with him. That IS his entire record of reputation here and it continues, on and on. When a newcomer does nothing but insult and argue with longstanding, knowledgeable people in a forum, his immature behavior is that of a troll.

Since Boris treats everyone as his personal enemy, he has marginalized himself here. I'm ignoring him, but we should be able to continue to point out his bad behavior.

Oh Boris, how you bore us...
      if it means shutting you up as well, then yes please

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      if it means shutting you up as well, then yes please
      No one forces you or anyone to read any post.

So as far as shutting people up is concerned, I say: same to you, fella.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      You all need to get along, you are right. No one is forced to read anything, I didn't even read much of the thread. Boris on the other hand, has 6 more days to type out his next post. Maybe he will read what was posted, think about it, and learn to accept the difference in opinion, versus just casting away any point of view that does not support his side of the argument. Maybe he will look for facts and examples for proof for the neigh sayers. Maybe he will just go and troll another forum. Did he even own an aveo?

Maybe we were not perfectly clear when we wrote. I know I often do not over explain things that I feel that everyone knows, so to a laymen, the post might seem to be unclear. Do I need examples? Maybe. I assumed most people knew denatured alcohol and ethanol are basically the same. I called it what you buy at lowes, because that was my advice. I assumed too much, now I typed this and feel like I am gong to start an argument with the rest of you. I am not, that is not my intention.

Carry on
      Last edited by petrified.rabbit; 02-18-2015 at 10:01 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to petrified.rabbit For This Useful Post:

Thymeclock (02-19-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      You all need to get along, you are right. No one is forced to read anything, I didn't even read much of the thread. Boris on the other hand, has 6 more days to type out his next post. Maybe he will read what was posted, think about it, and learn to accept the difference in opinion, versus just casting away any point of view that does not support his side of the argument. Maybe he will look for facts and examples for proof for the neigh sayers. Maybe he will just go and troll another forum. Did he even own an aveo?

Maybe we were not perfectly clear when we wrote. I know I often do not over explain things that I feel that everyone knows, so to a laymen, the post might seem to be unclear. Do I need examples? Maybe. I assumed most people knew denatured alcohol and ethanol are basically the same. I called it what you buy at lowes, because that was my advice. I assumed too much, now I typed this and feel like I am gong to start an argument with the rest of you. I am not, that is not my intention.

Carry on
      Yes, we all have the potential to get along. We also have an opportunity to get along and discuss our differences of opinion civilly, without insulting each other.

I fully agree that we all need to take time to think before posting. The only way this might happen is to call for a time out, as you have suggested: Think about your words before posting. Is this really what you want to say, on the written record, for everyone to read and remember?

No, Rabbit, you won't start any argument with your words, which contain kindness and wisdom. You are truly trying to instill peace, and I respect and support your efforts towards that goal.

Thanks.

Thanks
      Apparently this is/was a 'career troll' looks like he was kicked off a Harley forum as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fw4NSmGJE

Notice the comment left: "Still think your girlie Sportster has the same power to weight ratio as that Street Glide that just went by? What an idiot. It takes a real loser to get kicked off a Harley forum."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 06T200 For This Useful Post:

Thymeclock (02-20-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      Apparently this is/was a 'career troll' looks like he was kicked off a Harley forum as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fw4NSmGJE

Notice the comment left: "Still think your girlie Sportster has the same power to weight ratio as that Street Glide that just went by? What an idiot. It takes a real loser to get kicked off a Harley forum."
      Here's another youtube video Boris made. Apparently he is saying one word at it's beginning: "Fags".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTLn01w64BE

Here are Boris' written comments, attached to his video:

These are the idiots I get caught behind on my Harley trying to enjoy a nice day. With dump trucks and cars behind me going the speed limit. These homos choke up the road going 43-47. I hate you billy bad asses.
      Boris is quick on the trigger to shoot his mouth off, always with invective and insults, just as he has done here. Now we find a documented reputation of his doing this elsewhere on the web.

Does this make him welcome here in our community?
      Why is he here, other than to create unrest and acrimony among us?

Thanks for the investigative reporting, 06T200.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast