•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ram air intake

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Ok thought you were taking about closer to the throttle body. There is a vent tube running from the back side of the valve cover to the intake and there is a the sensor the mass air flow. I believe all obd 2 systems have it I know obd 1dont. But anyways the sensor should be going in a the back side of the tube by the strut housing and kinda angled up. It shouldn't be in the same position as theone that's in my car. The breather tube shoud have a 90° elbow that the vent tuin abe goes on putting its position on the top if the intake tube. Really all it could be is the actual tube is twisted. Or the bracket. Not sure if its held on by a bolt or nut. But thar might not be attached at the base but it more then less sounds like the tube is twisted positioning the sensor so check that.

I'll keep it and add a turbo mralx152's Avatar
      Thanks
      ive tryed all types of ways lol. it will sit to high and hood will push it back down if i put it they way i wanted with it not touching anything... idk so far so good ive driven it maybe 50 miles and no check engine light... i was just wondering if you cut something... but ill post a picture tomorrow on this page and show u. sorry for my attitude not a good day lol i painted the trim on my car and it looks good for the most part but alot of it wont stick so i have parts that looked like it wasnt painted... waisted like 50 bucks on paint and tools cuz i had none. tools i can reuse paints gone used two cans and 24 hrs of time lol

Thanks
      Outside or inside trim. We r actually in the hospital rooming in with our twins. So Its difficult to find a pic of how mine was. The position was fliped with this new tube so its in a different location it was on the opposite side. Ill see what I can find out though.
      If you hadn't already all you need is some prepall wax and grease remover or dupla color wax and grease remover wipe it on let it sit and if any is still left wipe it off and get a spray can about a foot away and spray it evenly and no runs , sticks to it, and no fisheyes. I'm still in the process of doing ours on the inside turquoise. But haven't had tine with out babies in the nicu and tomorrow they are commingle home so deffeantly not have time lol.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mralx152 View Post
      Yeah but someone on the fourm said the aveo dont have a massair flow. But never the less there is two things that connect to the intake one a tube and the other a sensor. If I really have to provide a picture than you dent install ur intake and im waisting my time.
      I dent install ur intake once. And then the car assploded

I'll keep it and add a turbo mralx152's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
      I dent install ur intake once. And then the car assploded
      what? bla bla form wont let me post just what

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mralx152 View Post
      ive tryed all types of ways lol. it will sit to high and hood will push it back down if i put it they way i. anted with it not touching anything... idk so far so good ive driven it maybe 50 miles and no check engine light... i was just wondering if you cut something... but ill post a picture tomorrow on this page and show u. sorry for my attitude not a good day lol i painted the trim on my car and it looks good for the most part but alot of it wont stick so i have parts that looked like it wasnt painted... waisted like 50 bucks on paint and tools cuz i had none. tools i can reuse paints gone used two cans and 24 hrs of time lol
      I looked at my old intake tube ill have to take it out to the car ill put it in place (hold it up how it was on the car) as soon as i get home ill do that and poast it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12