•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem transmission stuck after clutch replacement

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hey I recently replaced a clutch in a 08 Aveo when I put it all back together it was stuck in reverse where neutral should be I opened it where the shift fork is at and freed it up from reverse but now it’s not wanting to shift into any gear I don’t know if I have a bad transmission or the shift fork just isn’t sitting in there rite

Thanks
      If it was working before you took it apart, the transmission is surely not broken, I would take it apart again and look, think and understand how it works, then you should be able to find what's wrong, it looks like something is not where it should. You should be able to shift and rotate it a little by hand to see it if works when it's off.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I would agree, usually if stuff is not in the right position when you put pressure on it, it's not going to work right. I often have to take things apart as I did not understand it the first time.

Remember if you have to try and try again, maybe sky diving is not for you.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Sorry for posting on an old thread, but this exact thing happened to me upon changing the clutch on my '08 Aveo hatchback. I managed to get it going again with the transmission still on the car by taking off the top cover and using my finger to push the rod back into the far rear position.

Buttoned it back up and now she's shifting great. Thank you to drynk who saved my bacon with this post.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by eristocratic View Post
      Sorry for posting on an old thread, but this exact thing happened to me upon changing the clutch on my '08 Aveo hatchback. I managed to get it going again with the transmission still on the car by taking off the top cover and using my finger to push the rod back into the far rear position.

Buttoned it back up and now she's shifting great. Thank you to drynk who saved my bacon with this post.
      Thanks for all contributions on this thread. I had the same issue after installing a new clutch. Couldn't get into 1sr, 2nd, and reverse, and stalled when I let go of clutch in any other gear.

As pointed out by the TS drynk, the reverse idler connecting rod inside the transmission shifted over to engage reverse, while the transmission was out. In my case I was hammering in new cv axle seals which could have dislodged the rod.

When you remove the top shift linkage cover, you may not be able to see the rod - it's about 4-5" past the cover, and you can feel it with your hand if you poke around. Just slide it over to the right until the detent on the rod aligns with the shift linkage handle part. Thanks all and good luck

Thanks
      We’re there and pilot bearings or anything when replacing the clutch. Part stores says there’s pilot bearings and dealer says no. Replaced spring plate and throw out bearing and have a small chatter. I’m replacing the fly wheel tomorrow any info would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12