•  
    Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Aveo Bucking/Jerking/Losing Power

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I just went on and replaced the ignition coil and spark plugs, and it stopped that. Now I'm finding that it's bucking at 55mph if I keep it at that steady speed, and it occasionally loses power to the point that it only goes 20mph. The one time that it did that, was while my wife was driving. However, if I try to pas someone, and press on the gas, it wont pick up speed as it should.

Thanks
      I have had the same issue with my 09 aveo. press on the gas and it goes no where. after a few seconds it lunges forward and takes off. I have had the o2 bank 2 sensor replaced 3 years ago. Now my check engine light is on and this is happening. The codes they get say its a cam position sensor.. As I was told by my mechanic there are two cam position sensors one for the fuel and one for the exhaust. He replaced the one for the fuel and did a tune up. The next day after I picked it up the check engine light was back on once again. Now the code says cam position sensor and o2 sensor but bank 1. My mechanic said if its running fine dont worry til it acts up again so about 2 weeks now and its starting again. He said we could try to replace just the other cam sensor and maybe that will take care of the code regarding the o2 sensor. Does this make sense to anyone and does it seem right. The repairs on this are killing me. $500+ for the first 02 sensor $362 for the cam position sensor and tune up and now if I do it $150 for the second cam sensor and $400 for the o2 if the cam sensor doesnt work. My sons works on cars is the exhaust cam sensor or 02 bank 1 sensor something easy that he can put in?

Thanks
      I can't speak for the cam sensors, but the O2 sensors are very easy to swap out, just need a socket wrench and an O2 sensor socket.

Thanks
      This happened to me a few weeks ago while camping. On my way home I had to do 85 to pass this guy going 40 ( he got pissed that I tried to pass him and sped up). All my instrumentation went dead and the engine stalled but came back almost instantly. I replaced the battery with an Intimidator agm group 78. No problems and runs like a champ.

Should I keep it? Merlins_Holden's Avatar
      Thanks
      I have hesitation and poor idling when he car is cold, as soon as it is warm everything is fine. Ideas?

Thanks
      I am having the same issue on my 2009 Aveo with 99k miles. It is a stick shift and has had the recall done on the spark plugs. I need help. I did read one code P0014 exhaust advance error. I cleared the faults and all that returned was an O2 sensor error.

Thanks

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by V1CT0R View Post
      I am having the same issue on my 2009 Aveo with 99k miles. It is a stick shift and has had the recall done on the spark plugs. I need help. I did read one code P0014 exhaust advance error. I cleared the faults and all that returned was an O2 sensor error.

Thanks
      On my 09 Aveo this issue was solved by replacing both Oxygen sensors, however it could only be one in your case. I was not getting errors for both o2 sensors.

Thanks
      I recently bought a 2009 Aveo with just over 64000 miles, had it tuned up and the thermostat and timing belt replaced. It was fine for a while, then has been having the same issues as many of the others above. Randomly, it loses power, "bucks" or picks up speed unexpectedly. Most often, I have to turn it completely off and restart- then it drives fine (for a while) There is no rhyme or reason to this issues, sometimes it's fine for a 100 miles, sometimes just a few. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kalepumpkins View Post
      I recently bought a 2009 Aveo with just over 64000 miles, had it tuned up and the thermostat and timing belt replaced. It was fine for a while, then has been having the same issues as many of the others above. Randomly, it loses power, "bucks" or picks up speed unexpectedly. Most often, I have to turn it completely off and restart- then it drives fine (for a while) There is no rhyme or reason to this issues, sometimes it's fine for a 100 miles, sometimes just a few. Any ideas? Thanks!
      I had to replace both my O2 sensors, as I mentioned in a couple posts previously. However, before blindly replacing parts, any chance you have an OBD2 reader you can use? You can get Bluetooth ones to use with your smartphone if not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CKTofu For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (10-10-2016)

Thanks

Thank you CKTofu

Quote Originally Posted by CKTofu View Post
      I had to replace both my O2 sensors, as I mentioned in a couple posts previously. However, before blindly replacing parts, any chance you have an OBD2 reader you can use? You can get Bluetooth ones to use with your smartphone if not.
      I'm new to this forum, so don't know exactly how to use it yet. I don't have an OBD2 reader (or a smartphone), but might be able to borrow one, or do you know of a good inexpensive one to buy? It really scares my kids and unnerves me to lose power suddenly!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast