•  
    Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Aveo Bucking/Jerking/Losing Power

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Tenthirteen View Post
      My story: bought 2009 aveo5 to save gas to and from work...a year later, i experience this..loss of power...flooring it with no response and suddenly it wod pick up ... Was told it could be the coil pack ... Found out recall was done on it .. Bought ngk iridiums and it was fine for two months... The issue is back , cant afford dealership, no codes... Im bummed out . Haha .. Good thing its not my primary vehicle.
      I have a 2008 Aveo 5 5speed manual. Had the bucking and stalling, Limp mode (won't go over 2000 rpm).
      took it to dealer and they told me throttle body or crankcase solenoid or fuel vent solenoid ( quoting somewhere north of $1800 dollars and they weren't sure if it would fix the problem, LOL) I replaced plugs and
      wires (not much help), removed and cleaned throttle body (helped a lot but then returned) finally replaced
      cranckcase vent solenoid. This seemed to do the trick, it must have been stuck open and letting all the garbage
      to the throttle body which then clogs the throttle body starting the whole issue over again. Hope this helps.

Thanks
      I'm bringing in my 2011 Aveo into the dealership tomorrow morning for the same thing. I have no acceleration at times around 30 mph and consistent "bucking" at 45 mph. It's pretty scary experiencing this on the highway . The first time I took it in was around 60,000 miles. Replace my plugs, and cleaned my throttle body for maintenance purposes. No codes at all. Everything seemed great at first, then it all came back again. I'm asking them to check my cat converter and O2 Sensor while I'm still in my Emissions Warranty. Hopefully this will do the trick! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PGAveo'11 View Post
      I'm bringing in my 2011 Aveo into the dealership tomorrow morning for the same thing. I have no acceleration at times around 30 mph and consistent "bucking" at 45 mph. It's pretty scary experiencing this on the highway . The first time I took it in was around 60,000 miles. Replace my plugs, and cleaned my throttle body for maintenance purposes. No codes at all. Everything seemed great at first, then it all came back again. I'm asking them to check my cat converter and O2 Sensor while I'm still in my Emissions Warranty. Hopefully this will do the trick! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!
      I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the Oxygen Sensors ARE NOT COVERED by the 8/80 Emissions Warranty and this was something I had to face myself when my Downstream Sensor went bad; and the Sensors themselves cost an EYE WATERING $235.50, and if the sensors ARE bad, you are looking down the barrel of HALF A GRAND to fix it, especially if you have the dealer Diagnose it.
      Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 08-26-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the Oxygen Sensors ARE NOT COVERED by the 8/80 Emissions Warranty and this was something I had to face myself when my Downstream Sensor went bad; and the Sensors themselves cost an EYE WATERING $235.50, and if the sensors ARE bad, you are looking down the barrel of HALF A GRAND to fix it, especially if you have the dealer Diagnose it.
      Yikes! Thanks for the heads up! I was just thinking that it could be since the Warranty Manual says it under the Powertrain Control System under what is covered for the Emissions

Here is what I found: Powertrain Control SystemABS Control Module **
      Camshaft Position Actuator *
      Camshaft Position Actuator Valve
      Coolant Level Sensor
      Data Link Connector
      Engine Control Module (ECM) **
      Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
      Fuel Control Module **
      Intake Air Temperature Sensor
      Malfunction Indicator Lamp
      Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
      Mass Air Flow Sensor
      Oil Pressure Sensor Active Fuel
      Management™ (AFM) only
      Oxygen Sensor(s)

I may be interpreting this wrong. All of your input helps though! Thanks!

Thanks

Vac Line

Can you give me a general idea where that vac line was located?
      Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ATWork8803 View Post
      I had that happen in my '06 just a couple of years after buying it. It turned out there was a cracked vacuum tube connector. The crack was so small I couldn't see it at first. Had a helluva time finding it, but after replacing it, no more problems for a long long time...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fstop570 For This Useful Post:

moonrunner1972 (12-30-2015)

Thanks
      Check Throttle Body Sensor.

Thanks
      Anyone happen to have the wiring diagram for the oxygen sensors on an 09 Aveo? I swapped out the sensor itself and it didn't solve the problem, so maybe there's a malfunctioning relay, but I'm not sure which one it would be on. I already tried replacing the related fuse, assuming there's only the one.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by CKTofu View Post
      Anyone happen to have the wiring diagram for the oxygen sensors on an 09 Aveo? I swapped out the sensor itself and it didn't solve the problem, so maybe there's a malfunctioning relay, but I'm not sure which one it would be on. I already tried replacing the related fuse, assuming there's only the one.
      check your PM box, I sent you what you need.

Thanks
      Thanks! I had swapped out the related 10A fuse already (though the old one looked fine), and I doubt the Engine Main relay is faulty, given that I doubt the ECM and fuel injectors are having problems, but I have a spare of that relay, so I might just swap it to cover my bases.

I took a look at the O2 sensor's voltage readings over the OBDII reader, and it was reading a voltage of "--V", and no indication of it actually giving out a proper reading. Looks like I got a dud, so I'll get a replacement.

Thanks
      Double-posting for an update.

Swapped out the rear oxygen sensor with a new one. I suspect the heating circuit in my original sensor was malfunctioning, and this seems to have solved the initial bad readings at startup. Problem being it didn't solve the issue completely.

Fuel pump, ignition coils, spark plug, rear oxygen sensor have been swapped. Any other ideas? Might swap the front oxygen sensor. Last error I saw was p0597 (which doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me). No p0137 error anymore, so at least there's that. Might also clean out the throttle body again, though I doubt it'll help.

EDIT: Update: The only code being thrown is the p0597, so I've ordered a replacement engine coolant thermostat. The bucking has been gone for a few days (still throwing the p0597 code once in a while though), I suspect either the current thermostat has completely gone, or it/whatever the problem really is is just giving my some time off. Part will show up in a week or so, hopefully I'll swap it out the weekend after this coming weekend and all will be well. If I replace it and don't see the problem again I think I'll be home free, else I'll swap the front O2 sensor, though I doubt it is a problem..

FINAL EDIT: Everything's fixed. I'm not sure if the thermostat was influencing the bucking, judging by how nothing seemed to change when I swapped it out (aside from getting rid of the error code it was throwing). The car started throwing the error code for the front O2 sensor after replacing the thermostat, so I swapped out the front O2 sensor as well, and now all is well. It's been 1.5-2.5 months since I swapped the front O2 sensor, and no issues whatsoever. All is well.

Last edited by CKTofu; 06-11-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast