Everyone bear with me as I don't speak car & am basically at my wits end. I'll try to pass on my knowledge from what my mechanic/auto-speaking friends have told me.

I have a 2009 Chevy Aveo LT, 4DR, automatic, 44000 miles or so. About a week ago, I noticed as I was driving down the highway, going about 60, that my car suddenly lost power and wouldn't accelerate, but then kicked back into gear and off I went. The issue wasn't horrible then and I ignored it, thinking it was just nothing. It never came back until a few days ago. I drove my car 2 hours to where I go to school and had no problems, the whole way to Pittsburgh (about an hour drive) with no problems, but on my way home, I noticed that I could put my foot to the floor accelerating and my car just would not GO. All of a sudden, it will kick back and accelerate normally. It feels like the car is bogging down and wants to quit, but then something clicks and it goes back into driving normally.

I've taken the car to a mechanic because I have no prior car knowledge and I don't know the first thing about fixing vehicles, and he hooked his computer up to it and it read no errors. My CEL did NOT come on and no sensors are on at all (with the exception of my tire pressure light, which is, always on). I just spoke with him this morning where the only thing he had to tell me was that he took it for a ride and did feel it kick/buck/jerk, whatever you want to call it. I've read other posts on here about the same issue, but mostly everyone has had their check engine light come on. He told me that he was driving it yesterday and hooked up his computer to it to check sensor issues & nothing out of the ordinary showed up. Today, he wants to drive hooking something up to the fuel pump and running a hose to the windshield to read the pressure while he's driving it and hoping that it kicks or whatever while it's on.

Sorry for the lengthy, probably grade school post, but does anyone have any suggestions or have had a similar problem and happened to figure it out?