•  
    Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a DIY A/C install! AC

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      thanks ! it wasnt too bad at all took a few hours in the heat but i got the lines and the compressor for 60 bucks and 20 for the hvac controls. how do i go about cleaning the ends lf the lines where they connect (do they need any lubricant on them or the new o-rings?) and i think its pag46 oil for the compressor, where does the oil go for that ? i read that it goes in after flushing the system, so i assume the shop i take it to for flushing would put it in.

Last edited by aveopart; 07-08-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      would powerwashing the compressor and flushing the lines with an aerosol kind of flush work for cleaning before i reassemble? and what would be good to clean the hose ends/connect points with so it doesnt mess up the suction? thanks!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the shop should put the oil in yes, i tend to lub o rings with petroleum jelly for ac parts, lightly coating them.

cleaning is tough, if they need cleaned i would use a pure cleaner that dissipates quickly, but honestly you should hope that the condition of the parts, they do not need cleaned.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Good grief thats a flippn smoking deal for those parts. I paid $200 then paid $50 for the temp control. Where are you at that has these parts so damn cheap..LOL. I wouldnt worry about oiling the lines. the o-rings will get plenty once you charge. not sure about the compressor. I am doing my install tomorrow. My local autoparts store are less than desirable and took a damn week to get the new serpentine belt. when you say (page 46) .....page 46 of what?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      pag, PAG is the oil used to lubricate the compressor in an AC system. 46 is the type of pag oil used.

Thanks
      installing my a//c today. does anyone know how much freon and compressor oil ill need

Thanks
      appreciate the info. any idea on how much of it. cant imagine it takes that much. I read somewhere that when charging the system i need to add a can of freon and then add a can of compressor oil - I think its freon/oil mixed in a can together or something like that

Thanks
      found it. PAG Oil charge and it has freon mixed in it as well. so I'm guessing a can of that and a can of r-134 should do the trick..

Thanks

ecm programmed

I got my a/c all installed, but it would appear that I too will need to have ecm pregrammed as well. Hard to explain but making arrangements for that to be done is exactly convienent. So I'm wondering if there's any reason I cant simply run wire from the compressor to the new a/c switch then to a hot wire. On - Off. seems simple enough to me. Anyone have a thought on that?????

I mean this as only a temp solution until I can get to a dealer for ecm programming. Im aware that the compressor will run max full time. but right now its a 100 degrees and that's fine with me...
      Last edited by kefreeman35; 07-14-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you car will not idle that way, it needs more fuel to idle with ac on.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast