•  
    Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a DIY A/C install! AC

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hey bud. Do you still have all the part # for the a/c kit and the directions. Getting ready to tackle this myself. Kevin

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kefreeman35 View Post
      Hey bud. Do you still have all the part # for the a/c kit and the directions. Getting ready to tackle this myself. Kevin
      http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/m...project-11595/

Post number 3 has a list
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

Thanks
      Found all the parts for my 09 aveo5 at a wrecking yard off another 09 aveo5. Got it all for $217. Does anyone have that instruction list on how to install.

Thanks
      I found all the parts in wrecking yard for $217 but didnt someone say they had a intructions sheet with pics

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      it is "sort of" self explanatory. Did you take the pieces off yourself? If you did you just put them back on on your car.

If you did not take them off, Make sure you have all the right parts.

you take the belt off, bolt the compressor on, hook up the wire, and put the new longer belt on.

You take off the air cleaner, bolt the double connection and valve to the firewall port, plug in the pressure switch.

From the long line from the firewall, Run the line from the compressor, run the line to the condenser, make sure to use new orings.

Run the line from the compressor to the condenser, again with new orings.

Then go inside the car, remove the radio surround, pull out the hvac controls, and disconnect the line down by the gas pedal (youll follow it down from the controls) and swap it to one with the ac switch.

Once that is finished, take the car to get the system charged and the ecu ac switched on.

Thanks
      What about the aux cooling fan that is on the aveo with factory A/C. DO i need to put another cooling fan in? Will the single cooling can kick on when the compressor kicks on of is that not necessary.

Thanks

Refrigerant System Capacities

Name:  Refrigerant System Capacities (V5 System).gif
Views: 2863
Size:  4.4 KB

This is my first post. I thought this might come in handy for those of you who might want to try and charge you AC urself. This is refrigerant capacities for my Aveo5 09 LS.

Thanks
      So I bought all the parts needed for the AC install and followed the steps laid out in this thread. (Great info from everyone so thank you!) I completed the installation and had the system charged at my Navy base for cheap.

However, the clutch is not engaging the compressor. The mechanics at the base helped me troubleshoot and we found that the relay isn't getting energized. When we take the relay out and use two wires to jump the connection, the compressor kicked in fine and produces cold air. We tried changing the relay and still didn't have any luck. Something is preventing the relay from completing the circuit.

I am hoping it is because I didn't have the ECM reprogrammed. I am taking my car into the dealer to have them change the ECM tomorrow (going to cost$200!!!), but I am not sure if that is the problem or not. I thought the AC would still run without the ECM reprogrammed, just the engine's RMPs would be lower. Anyone have any other ideas/suggestions in case the changing the ECM doesn't work?

Thanks!!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Its most likely the ECM, i had to have my ecm programmed for it to work too. I didn't have to pay though, i took the direction to the dealer and did it for free.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Its most likely the ECM, i had to have my ecm programmed for it to work too. I didn't have to pay though, i took the direction to the dealer and did it for free.
      The dealer said it would take 2 hours because they have to call GM to get the program which GM sells to them for each specific car brought in. Because GM charges them for each program they have to charge me $200! It sounds completely ridiculous but the guy said they do it all the time for people. From the posts above it sounded like changing the ECM was a fairly easy (less than 10min) but required a Tech II scanner.

When you say you gave the dealer directions did you just give them the flow chart posted above?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast