•  
    Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No brakes in the morning. It will definitely wake you up more than coffee.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Oh on the part you asked about that has a zip-tie on.. I found out it's called INTAKE MANIFOLD VACUUM ACTUATOR for those of us like me was not sure what that was called. Part# 96859269. I learned something new... By the way I didn't put those zip-ties there. Previous owner did. lol

Thanks
      INTAKE MANIFOLD VACUUM ACTUATOR

Not sure what that is . I thought it might be an EGR valve .

The vacuum hose to the booster does not connect to it ?

You still can test the system by hooking up a section of hose to the booster and applying vacuum to it .

God bless
      Wyr

Thanks
      I will try that. So the end result was they couldn't duplicate the problem and as much as I tried I couldn't either when I was driving it. The tech even drove the car with me in to replicate the problem. None.. We braked, braked and braked some more even going in reverse and it would not do it. He did find a whole in my coolant tank tho, pin sized and was leaking coolant. He patched it up for me enough so I can order a new one. No charge... He checked for vaccum leaks and found none that he could see. He said the master cylinder is top notch and working great and no leaks. The search continues.

Thanks
      This is our 2015 Sonic 1.8l . Obviously quite a bit different .

One photo is where the vacuum hose hooks to / taps into the intake manifold . The other where the hose joins another hose at the booster . And may have a check valve at that point . Or not ?

Instead of trying to find a vacuum leak with water , spray the suspecter part with something combustable . Even propane from an un lit propane torch . If you hit a vacuum leak engine speed should increase with the added fule being suched in .

God bless
      Wyr
      Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks
      Thank you WyrTwister for taking the time to take the pictures. Wow talk about hardware changes! I see what you were talking about. Mine has no check valve but of course if any ones wants to correct please do.

Thanks
      Here are some better pictures of my car.
      Name:  Screenshot_2016-05-17-23-23-07.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  7.1 KBName:  Screenshot_2016-05-17-23-22-48.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  13.1 KBName:  Screenshot_2016-05-17-23-21-47.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  7.6 KB

Thanks
      Is the 3rd photo where the booster vacuum hose connects with the intake manifold ?

Is it the larger hose ?

I would detach it and test it . And probably replace it . May be fun getting to it . Looks like you need long pliers to squeeze the spring clamp .

God bless
      Wyr

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
      Is the 3rd photo where the booster vacuum hose connects with the intake manifold ?

Is it the larger hose ?

I would detach it and test it . And probably replace it . May be fun getting to it . Looks like you need long pliers to squeeze the spring clamp .

God bless
      Wyr
      Yes sir! You are correct it's the larger hose and it connects right into the intake manifold. As far as getting in there to unhook it, yeah it's going to be fun. But it gives me an excuses to go to Harbor Freight to pick up some long pliers haha.

Thanks
      Let us know if you find the pliers that will reach , at Harbor Freight . Never know when some of the rest of us will need a pair , too .

I remember looking for a pair of long pliers there , to remove the spark plug wire boots , in the back 3 plugs on a V-6 . They were between the head & the fire wall . Did not find what I was looking for & ended up using needle nose pliers I already had in the truck / tool box .

May be simpler / easier if you temporarily remove the INTAKE MANIFOLD VACUUM ACTUATOR ?

God bless
      Wyr

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
      Let us know if you find the pliers that will reach , at Harbor Freight . Never know when some of the rest of us will need a pair , too .

I remember looking for a pair of long pliers there , to remove the spark plug wire boots , in the back 3 plugs on a V-6 . They were between the head & the fire wall . Did not find what I was looking for & ended up using needle nose pliers I already had in the truck / tool box .

May be simpler / easier if you temporarily remove the INTAKE MANIFOLD VACUUM ACTUATOR ?

God bless
      Wyr

I think I may have... here is link to some I had found:
      16" Long Reach Pliers Set

I have not bought them but I will report back if they reach. In the mean time the Aveo has not acted up at all... Brakes seems fine with out a hiccup and nothing has changed or fixed on it. Weird.. But I am going to invest one some new vacuum hoses. I may need these pliers too because I ordered some aftermarket power locks with remote and I might need them to pull wire through. I am scratching my head of either running the wires to the hatchback through the inside of the "A" pillar and run them through the roof to the hatchback door or down the bottom near the door-sill. We will see...

Side Note: Off topic but.. I don't know if any watched Sundays episode of Naked and Afraid but there was a contestant by the name of Laura from Mcallen, TX.. For the record, not everyone is crazy where I live lol... Just her.. haha

Last edited by jamesd; 05-19-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast