•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stereo System Upgrade On a Budget?

What's wrong with my car? Twidget's Avatar
      Thanks
      My '05 hatchback came with the AM/FM/ radio only as I used to use XM satellite radio.When they merged with Sirrius prices doubled. Bye-bye XM. I do have a 4G smartphone with unlimited data, so I listen to internet radio and apps. (Pandora, iHeart, ESPN...) Got the mechless receiver as I have all my CD's converted to MP3. I now have a fantastic sounding audio system that links to my smartphone wirelessly. The sub is under the driver's seat but could be placed behind the back seat. This powered sub is a bit pricey but mades a world of difference in sound quality! Still using the stock speakers. Cell phone quality is outstanding through the stereo.
      * Sound Ordnance B-8PT Single 8" Amplified Flatsub - Ordered from Crutchfield
      * JVC KD-X50BT Digital Media Receiver - ABC Warehouse on sale w/free installation

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Twidget View Post
      I have all my CD's converted to MP3.
      With a program like itunes, you can rip any cd into mp3 format very quickly, and easily. With my stock six cd changer/mp3 player in the Aveo, I don't really notice the loss in audio quality the way I do when playing mp3's on my home stereo. The stock speakers aren't really be good enough to make the compression noticeable to the point of being irritating. So, I too have loaded the deck with several hundred mp3's for the time being.

I am however going to replace the stereo soon. A 900 W RMS ALPINE 5 channel PDX will be powering the system. I'll put 110W RMS Alpine SPR's in each door and 100 W RMS 6x9's in the rear. Also a 200 W RMS 10" pioneer sub in the rear. Not sure about the front tweeters in the a pillars yet. I'll need that high end though. A basic touchscreen CD/DVD deck will be mounted in the dash. I think this will be a good system to drop in the hatchback.

What's wrong with my car? vettekid12's Avatar
      Thanks
      u want good quality then go with jl.. i have atm 2 jl 12" w7s in my aveo pushed by 2 jl mono block class d 1000/1v1 amps. Big three upgrade to 0 guage. head unit is crap atm kenwood single din speakers are 2 infinity kapa series 6x9s 5 kappa series 5 1/4s in the doors
      sound stream digital bass machine is hooked up.... i have a few pictures of my aveo when i first made my box into the floor of my trunk with my memphis 12s which i will post.

looking to buy a chevy avalanche stock dvd navi unit for my head unit in the aveo..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12