•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I upgrade to an '09?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Should I upgrade to an '09?

I really like my '06 and as it is now, would gladly pay it off and drive it to its last mile.

I'm getting some offers from the dealership though..before the warranty expires, I could upgrade. I could combine some offers and end up with a new '09 and a lower payment each month, just another 60 month term, but another new car too.

With the 09's, I dont care for the front end styling. I would have liked to see the car evolve smaller looking, not larger. But I like the back end tweaks, and the interior is a little cooler.

I'll have to bring mine in and see what they say.

I'd hate to part with mine, I didnt want to get attached to it, but I did, now I like it.

But an 09' with a better sound system would be tits.

hmm...

Thanks

Re: Should I upgrade to an '09?

IMO, I would stay as far away from 60 month leasing as possible. I got pushed into it so I could afford the car but I heavily regret it. Actually, I kinda regret buying the car in the first place.

Thanks

no,no,.... no lease. a new loan is what I mean. Bank rates are lower now than when I bought mine so that will help keep me at the same payment.

I might have to go to the dealer and see whats up.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I'd say wait to see what Chevy is going to do next...

If you didn't know, the Chevy Beat is due to come out in a year or two, and GM is double-timing it's release because they desperately need a smaller cheaper car, so they are planning to make the beat... By the way, keep an eye out when you go to see Transformers 2, apparently the Beat is going to make a starring appearance.

My point is that I'd always like to see what is coming next before you jump onto something, yes it's a good time to get an 2009 aveo because all 2009 aveos are fresh (they haven't been sitting on a lot all year), but still, I think the Aveo is kind of un-fantastic and I could probably get something better for $15k...
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

I'll keep it and add a turbo Pontiac1976's Avatar
      Thanks

I agree I did not like the front end that much that why I got a 08. Oh I did not lease. A bank loan is better, the dealer gave the same deal upgrading in 3 yr.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

No. Get out of debt.

That new Ford looks interesting.

Thanks

Strong advice peeps....thanks.

True about the Beat...Why get into an Aveo that might be hard to sell once the beat hits the market.

And true about Debt too, much more important than riding the new car scene, is staying out of debt.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

if you like the 09, and need a car now do it. But i have to agree if i could have waited another year or so for all the new coming models. i would still have considered the Aveo, but i think it would fall short from the newer models coming out. But again that is speculation because we know how much a 09 Aveo costs, mine was $11750 out the door.

The chevy beat and vw polo, verve (ford fiesta?), new dodge colt (which is also a vw polo built car), the new 2010 yaris hatchback with 4 doors (which wasn't an option yet last year), redesigned Xa, etc. are all going to be competition, and "should" be in the Aveos price range. ( I am not counting hyundai, Kia, or daewoo on the list) but they might price themselves out of the cheap car market by starting a 15k +. if i was going to spend 15k+ on a car you could get a vw rabbit sve. the build quality is the same as the $25k gti, and the $30 something R32. the aveo i got was the cheapest new car buy $700-800. my budget was originally 10k but my wife also wanted me to have new.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

The 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan seems to be the lowest price car now.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/?msrp= ... nded=price
      Should be a good car...Sure dosn't get your pulse racing..BUT...
      I like the looks of the Polo. Will check out Dodge Colt.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i looked for a versa when i was buying, and much like the yaris, they advertise very low base prices, but i had a really hard time finding one that was anywhere near base price. most of my local dealerships told me they never had one packaged under 13000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast