•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not fixed good bye gm

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Not fixed good bye gm

I finally replaced the out put shaft gear speed sensor in my 2009 Aveo LT Did not fix the issue Took to dealer for further diagnostics, They told me that the radiator has an internal leak that allowed tranny fluid and antifreeze water mixture to mix and now the transmission is destroying itself from the inside out. They said they cannot drain it and flush it because the damage is done. tThey said it is a sealed transmission so they cannot open it up and clean it out and replace what needs to be replaced. They said I need a new radiator first ($577 just for the part plus hoses) and possibly a water pump. Then They would run a new diagnostic on the trans and figure out is the trans and computer need changing or just the trans estimate was $3800 to $5000

To say the least I am very upset. I have a 1978 Nova L250 that runs better than and gets better gas mileage than this piece of Government junk. Cash for clunkers gave me a clunker and I am very up set by this whole experience...My takeaway from this is this NO MORE Government Motors CARS FOR ME unless they are 30 years or older. I can't believe that this Aveo is an offering from the same company that made my Nova different worlds different mind set different values different level of CARE.

My wife and I are now looking for a late model Toyota or Honda and to tell you the truth, the best car we ever owned was a Hyundai Elantra Wagon. even after I hit a guard rail at 65 MPH and we had the body work done it was still a better car than this Aveo When I found out the Aveo was a Korean inport I was happy because of the experience we had with our Hyundai. But I learned very quickly that Daewoo is definmitely not Hyundai.

This may very well be my last post other than a good bye once we get rid of the Red P-O-S I hope you all fix your issues and keep your vehicles running alot longer than we have been able to keep ours going. Good luck and God Bless you all thank you all who provided input and help with our issues.

Tim

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Sounds like you have a crappy dealership to me. The drivetrain has a 100k/5 year warranty, that would cover the transmission i would think.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Go to another dealer or contact that service rep lady from GM that posts here. When all else fails bring the issue to a higher power. Some one in GM has got to honor the warranty. U may be S... outta luck on your radiator but trans should be covered. I ve been lucky with my aveo but my dealer has been pretty good with the minor sh-t under warranty. Hope u resolve this...

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Presumably this is a leak such that the wall of the transmission cooler and the wall of the radiator opened up to each other, but didn't open up to the outside and leak externally (where it would have been seen). One interesting question is how did the stealership know there is an "internal leak", without remvoing this radiator and opening it up?
      One possibility is that they're completely wrong on this diagnosis, and there's nothing wrong with the radiator/transmission cooler. But if they're right, then it seems like the only way they would "know" this information is that they have either seen it before, or have been made aware of it from Mother Chevrolet.
      If their diagnosis is correct, is this going to become another Aveo timing belt fiasco? Unless this vehicle was hit, nothing should be able to affect this internal section of the radiator, which raises questions about a possible systemic defect. This radiator appears to be a new part in 2009, and common through 2011. Do all of these vehicles have radiator time bombs ticking away? Certainly hope this is not the case, but if I had one of these later Aveos, I would be digging around for more information about this.

Thanks
      Another happy customer. Yeah let's see if Chevy Customer Service chimes in here. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Sounds like you have a crappy dealership to me. The drivetrain has a 100k/5 year warranty, that would cover the transmission i would think.
      Hmmm...just a guess here but I would venture to say that Chevy will claim the sensor is an electronic part and therefore not covered under the drivetrain warranty.....just like my brake light switch, it was an electronic part.

They have an excuse for EVERYTHING. and it wasn't just a crappy dealer, GM backs up the dealers.

C'mon the Aveo is sooo CRAPPY they had to change the name to distance them from the bad reviews.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      So it was a good buy? Mine was.. I have a 1978 Chevy Monza V8 thats waaay more fun to drive and way easier to maintain.. But it get's way worse mileage, and would be impossible to replace, so in todays everyday traffic...my bumbling Aveo is the best. Rust issues, a worn parts included. But if your swearing off GM, ..hey it happens.. I said Good bye to my dealership, but might buy another GM.. if they make me another monza!

I think they changed the name because 'Aveo' simply didn't catch on.. too much pronunciation confusion. Sonic much more clear.
      Find Aveo How-to's at my blog. http://aveodiy.blogspot.com/
      Timing belt replacement how-to with photos and more....

What's wrong with my car? matttodd2009's Avatar
      Thanks
      I just got a new radiator, wanna buy my used one? nothing wrong with it

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      Hmmm...just a guess here but I would venture to say that Chevy will claim the sensor is an electronic part and therefore not covered under the drivetrain warranty.....just like my brake light switch, it was an electronic part.

They have an excuse for EVERYTHING. and it wasn't just a crappy dealer, GM backs up the dealers.

C'mon the Aveo is sooo CRAPPY they had to change the name to distance them from the bad reviews.
      I have to agree that gm does back their dealers which sucks when the dealer is in the wrong. My dealership is really good though, and although I only had an o2 sensor issue with mine. (never did get the coil pack boot recall done) My dealership replaced my tires under warranty when I took it in for one of my complimentary oil changes.. So i would say i had a VERY GOOD dealership that made my experience good.

The thing is and not just with the aveo, all cars have problems it whether or not your dealership has the ability to fix it. It seems like (imho) that most gm dealerships have a bunch of guys who can only turn wrenches on 305s and 350s. And everything else is foreign to them, especially the aveo.. honda, vw, kia, toyota have about the same overall track record from what i can see of break downs. but since theirs are trained on every model of car, their cars get fixed quicker and the first time. I know people personally with 20+ break downs of their honda, and most of the time it is fixed in a day. I needed an 02 sensor. and it took 2 weeks. I understand the repair, i know how to do it, and it should have been done in 1/2 hour. But they gave me a crappy crappy cobalt to drive instead.

just my $.02, i know i won't convince anyone otherwise.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Im still waiting for the GM service rep to chime in. I think GTO kid is having the same prob. Im starting to wonder if this will become a common occurrence that we need to watch for in our maintenance.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      2009-Red-P-O-S ,

We're sorry to read about the experience you're having with your Aveo and apologize that this response is coming so late. If we can look into anything for you, please private message us more information (including your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah (Assisting Jackie)
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast