•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not fixed good bye gm

I'll keep it and add a turbo mralx152's Avatar
      Thanks
      Lol I have to agree my aveo is a pile of junk scrap metel they really went cheap with this csr manual everything no middle gluve box nothing. .. is anyone elce experincening problems when the wind blows your car moves with the wind? Ive nearly been killed many times on interstates because wind blew me into other lanes. With god and my wife as witnessed my hands and eyes where on the road/weel and it just can no handle a straight line. On top of all that.The car just eats gas. I get 23 city. And maybe 28 hwy and thats posted speed limits god for bid if I go 80 the car shakes and is running at 4500 rpms. Smh chevy u really blew ur chances of me ever buying another car. Ill stick with my Honda civic si that would blow this car out the water in reverse. My .2 cents. Hahahaha but I still have a sexy car till I decide to run it into a tree and say someone stole it.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      I have to agree that gm does back their dealers which sucks when the dealer is in the wrong. My dealership is really good though, and although I only had an o2 sensor issue with mine. (never did get the coil pack boot recall done) My dealership replaced my tires under warranty when I took it in for one of my complimentary oil changes.. So i would say i had a VERY GOOD dealership that made my experience good.
      I totally agree. Customer service after the sale is more important than anything, including the initial cost of the purchase. This is true in any industry and goes a long way for repeat business, or the lack thereof.

This is why I don't understand why GM refuses to make the customer happy. I understand that the Aveo is/was an entry level car and was "cheap" and you get what you pay for and all, but how about maybe a first time car buyer gets one, think about it, he may buy another 10+ cars in his lifetime. A bad experience with GM and he never comes back, but go out of your way and make him happy IF he has a problem and you might have a loyal customer for life.

I don't know why GM has chosen this philosophy, in the long run, they will lose their customers.

As stated, all cars have problems, every industry has problems, it is how they are handled that makes the difference in how a company is viewed.

GM customer service rep, can you answer this?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mralx152 View Post
      .... Ill stick with my Honda civic si that would blow this car out the water in reverse. ....

Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      .... As stated, all cars have problems, every industry has problems, it is how they are handled that makes the difference in how a company is viewed. ....
      I have to say that the 2 quotes above made me chuckle just a bit (no, actually LOL). Honda's great reputation for quality and customer service is legendary. But it's kind of curious that the wonderful Civic had an interesting thing happen in the early 7 gens. Honda put in a bunch of inferior A/T clutches - actually a whole boatload of them. This was a systemic problem, and you can go to the Civic forums and read numerous reports of early failures, particularly 2001. carcomplaints.com had over 630 complaints on this, last time I looked. And what did Honda do about this for their customers? ZERO. NADA. They never admitted any problem whatsoever, even though they were fully aware of it, and changed over to better clutches in later years. They swept this under the rug and got away with it, with not even any apparent damage to their reputation.
      And I also happen to know (don't ask) that these same Civics can be BRUTALLY difficult to burp the air out of the system (very small rad passages). You take short drives and warm-up the engine, and everything seems fine. But later on they overheat because there was air trapped that wasn't obvious at all. And when a Civic overheats, the HG will go in the blink of an eys. There are many discussions on this on the Civic forums as well. And, outside of the Civic, I believe there are a fair number of issues with some of the later Hondas as well. And yet their reputation seems to remain high.

Now I'm not saying all this to defend the Aveo, and have no special regard for Chevy either. I'm mentioning this because I think a great deal of this stuff is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Honda is great and Chevy is garbage. Some car guy says it, and then it gets repeated until it becomes fact. What would be great is if every mechanic entered every repair they make into a central database. That would be about the only way to separate real fact from BS and hype.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      I have to say that the 2 quotes above made me chuckle just a bit (no, actually LOL). Honda's great reputation for quality and customer service is legendary. But it's kind of curious that the wonderful Civic had an interesting thing happen in the early 7 gens. Honda put in a bunch of inferior A/T clutches - actually a whole boatload of them. This was a systemic problem, and you can go to the Civic forums and read numerous reports of early failures, particularly 2001. carcomplaints.com had over 630 complaints on this, last time I looked. And what did Honda do about this for their customers? ZERO. NADA. They never admitted any problem whatsoever, even though they were fully aware of it, and changed over to better clutches in later years. They swept this under the rug and got away with it, with not even any apparent damage to their reputation.
      And I also happen to know (don't ask) that these same Civics can be BRUTALLY difficult to burp the air out of the system (very small rad passages). You take short drives and warm-up the engine, and everything seems fine. But later on they overheat because there was air trapped that wasn't obvious at all. And when a Civic overheats, the HG will go in the blink of an eys. There are many discussions on this on the Civic forums as well. And, outside of the Civic, I believe there are a fair number of issues with some of the later Hondas as well. And yet their reputation seems to remain high.

Now I'm not saying all this to defend the Aveo, and have no special regard for Chevy either. I'm mentioning this because I think a great deal of this stuff is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Honda is great and Chevy is garbage. Some car guy says it, and then it gets repeated until it becomes fact. What would be great is if every mechanic entered every repair they make into a central database. That would be about the only way to separate real fact from BS and hype.

ive never had a problem with the si that i had. i know the HG goes on almost anycar these days. aluminum melts... simple science. but ive driven that car to new york from georgia in one day with limited stops and no over heating. so where are you reading that THE SI civic has OVERHEATING problems ive never herd be for. i went to many many races and people with SI was running high amounts of boost in there cars with no problems. and a clutch problem is EXTREAMLY easy to fix...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Can anyone answer this question for me, GM feel free to chime in with an answer because the answer to this question will determine what I come away from this ordeal thinking and planning.... Is there automatic transmission fluid pumping through a lower section of the radiator or is it a completely separate unit? Basically, I want to know if it is even possible for the anti freeze and the trans fluid to mix due to an internal leak in the radiator. Hurry please I must move quickly before she dies completely

Thanks
      i asked my guy who works on cars.... he said no...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      So he said it is a separate unit? So the BS story they gave me at the dealer**** is just that BS

Thanks
      he said im not to know how about the aveo but he said the two would/should never mix... hes in bed lol old fart so he rushed my non emergency question

to better help your question and answer you should look up a radiator diagram of your car and see... if there is such a thing. but to me why would trans fluid go to the radiator anyway?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      Presumably this is a leak such that the wall of the transmission cooler and the wall of the radiator opened up to each other, but didn't open up to the outside and leak externally (where it would have been seen). One interesting question is how did the stealership know there is an "internal leak", without remvoing this radiator and opening it up?
      One possibility is that they're completely wrong on this diagnosis, and there's nothing wrong with the radiator/transmission cooler. But if they're right, then it seems like the only way they would "know" this information is that they have either seen it before, or have been made aware of it from Mother Chevrolet.
      If their diagnosis is correct, is this going to become another Aveo timing belt fiasco? Unless this vehicle was hit, nothing should be able to affect this internal section of the radiator, which raises questions about a possible systemic defect. This radiator appears to be a new part in 2009, and common through 2011. Do all of these vehicles have radiator time bombs ticking away? Certainly hope this is not the case, but if I had one of these later Aveos, I would be digging around for more information about this.

what this guy said should help with the story your dealer gave you. honestly a radiator should not cost that much to me anyways. ive only paid 300 parts and labor on my honda.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2009-Red-P-O-S View Post
      So he said it is a separate unit? So the BS story they gave me at the dealer**** is just that BS
      It's a single unit, with the 2 parts joined together. And apparently it does leak. Follow this thread and hopefully GTOKID will post a pic of the actual leak in his.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f108/...n-fluid-15423/

I would push Chevy hard with this - take it beyond this dealership if they don't want to fix this on their dime. There's no reason that such a serious internal leak should develop in a 3 year-old vehicle, and it appears that it's happening more than once or twice. It sounds like they know all about this problem, from prior incidents. It may very well be a major defect that they are trying to dance out of. Talk to them about class-action and lawyers, and maybe they will change their tune.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast