•  

Thread: 2004 chevy aveo p0700 & mystery valve cover hose??

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2004 chevy aveo p0700 & mystery valve cover hose??

Hello,
      I really need some help, as all the hours of searching for answers has left me empty handed.

Here is what happened, car started overheating & we found a cracked radiator, changed that and the hose with no problems. The very next day the check engine light came on throwing DTC codes p0700 & i believe p1781, which has something to do with transmission control system and engine torque circuit. The symptoms include, hard start & rough idling. The car seems to do well in higher revs but not in the lower ones.

So, upon changing spark plugs and wires, we noticed oil in the tubes. So we clean out the oil with a shopvac, and also change the valve cover gasket. That solved that problem. I started my car and drove it all day without the check engine light coming back on. However, later that night it was back and so was the rough idling. The next day we change the ignition coil pack, and upon investigation noticed a vacuum hose that wasn't connected, and that the PCV valve needed to be changed. We connected the hose and changed the PCV. My check engine light has gone off for the time being.

BUT, after doing all this, we noticed the "mystery hose" has this oily, chunky sludge mixed with what looks like vasoline coming out of it and into the valve cover!!! This concerns me, we have checked the oil and it doesnt appear there are any other fluids or substances in there other than oil. This "mystery hose" is located on the valve cover to this L-shaped piece and is right next to the ignition coil, it appears to lead somewhere under the intake system. I even went to the dealership and they couldnt tell me what the hose was or where it connected to. Basically, I would really like to know what the hell this hose is for & why it would be filled with that chunky sludge.

PLEASE HELP!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      hmmm, ill have to take a look at mine and see, take it to another dealer and get their word on it, they should know what it is for or goes to, maybe not necessarily the sludge issue. these motors have been around a little bit.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by nae28 View Post

BUT, after doing all this, we noticed the "mystery hose" has this oily, chunky sludge mixed with what looks like vasoline coming out of it and into the valve cover!!! This concerns me, we have checked the oil and it doesnt appear there are any other fluids or substances in there other than oil. This "mystery hose" is located on the valve cover to this L-shaped piece and is right next to the ignition coil, it appears to lead somewhere under the intake system. I even went to the dealership and they couldnt tell me what the hose was or where it connected to. Basically, I would really like to know what the hell this hose is for & why it would be filled with that chunky sludge.

PLEASE HELP!
      This hose connects to the bottom of the block. It was on the 04/05 engine but was gone starting in 2006. You can see where it connects to the block in the first picture in the third post down in this thread. The hose is disconnected but it is the black flange area. I think it is a breather but can't tell you much more than that.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f103/...91/index4.html