•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not fixed good bye gm

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2009-Red-P-O-S View Post
      Can anyone answer this question for me, GM feel free to chime in with an answer because the answer to this question will determine what I come away from this ordeal thinking and planning.... Is there automatic transmission fluid pumping through a lower section of the radiator or is it a completely separate unit? Basically, I want to know if it is even possible for the anti freeze and the trans fluid to mix due to an internal leak in the radiator. Hurry please I must move quickly before she dies completely
      Most cars have the transmission fluid cooler as a separate but integral tank that is part of the lowest section of the radiator. The two tanks (one for the engine coolant and the smaller, lower one for cooling transmission fluid) make up the entire unit of the overall radiator, but they are not supposed to leak into each other in any way. If the radiator failed it could be due to corrosion or collision/accident damage.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      many if not most new cars have the transmission cooler built into the radiator.

going with the honda comparison. new VWs have the same kind of clutch issue, failures of a few of my friends cars at 2000-5000 miles.. not even just a depress clutch issue, its highway cruising, give it more gas the rpms shoot up, and the car goes no faster slipping. VW does not truly cover it.

regardless of the issue, and whether the company backs the issue. 99% goes to what aveo junk said, its customer service. Honda treats 80% of their customers very well, the other 20% are ricer trashed cars.. :P

If GM would fix their dealerships. and get rid of the if it was built here it can be fixed here. (as in we can only fix gms built in the USA..) then the overall attitude would be better from the purchasers because the care would be fixed the first time, correctly at a fair price. Whether aveo or cobalt are entry cars or not, Heck the cobalt was cheaper than my aveo when i bought.. but it was seriously like a junk brick on a roller skate people mover with no soul.

In the last 8 years my family has bought a cavalier, aveo, cobalt, and most recently a cruze. The cruze is worse than my aveo. And the issues with the warranty work will make it the last gm we bought. And that is mostly because the car does have issues, and even though my dealership is good with fixing it, at no cost, they can only put on the same inferior parts over and over.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2009-Red-P-O-S View Post
      Can anyone answer this question for me, GM feel free to chime in with an answer because the answer to this question will determine what I come away from this ordeal thinking and planning.... Is there automatic transmission fluid pumping through a lower section of the radiator or is it a completely separate unit? Basically, I want to know if it is even possible for the anti freeze and the trans fluid to mix due to an internal leak in the radiator. Hurry please I must move quickly before she dies completely

Please check your inbox!

Sarah
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      I totally agree. Customer service after the sale is more important than anything, including the initial cost of the purchase. This is true in any industry and goes a long way for repeat business, or the lack thereof.

This is why I don't understand why GM refuses to make the customer happy. I understand that the Aveo is/was an entry level car and was "cheap" and you get what you pay for and all, but how about maybe a first time car buyer gets one, think about it, he may buy another 10+ cars in his lifetime. A bad experience with GM and he never comes back, but go out of your way and make him happy IF he has a problem and you might have a loyal customer for life.

I don't know why GM has chosen this philosophy, in the long run, they will lose their customers.

As stated, all cars have problems, every industry has problems, it is how they are handled that makes the difference in how a company is viewed.

GM customer service rep, can you answer this?
      AveoJunk,

You are correct that the car owner's experience after the sale is crucial to whether or not that customer will continue to support a particular brand. GM recognizes this and hopefully the following two articles will help peel back a bit of the exterior of GM to show you what we're up to on the inside.

GM

GM J.D. Power Initial Quality Awards | GM.com (and for more details about the awards, see About the GM J.D. Power Initial Quality Awards | GM.com). J.D. Power Awards are centered around Customer satisfaction.

I can understand that you're speaking more specifically about the Aveo, and also about experiences with dealerships. We are continually striving to improve your experience as a customer here in the Social Media department and are working alongside dealership service departments country wide to better serve you, our customer.

Please don't ever hesitate to contact us if you ever have anything you wish to discuss regarding a vehicle or dealership concern.

Regards,
      Sarah
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123