•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Considering getting straight piped...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      There are ways to get it to sound deep, you just gotta get a bit lucky. My 2.0 is extreamly deep, almost has a bass to it but it's also very very very loud. It gets raspy right around 2.7-2.9rpm really bad though, but it also has a sudden lose of power and I think it's my cracked MSD unit causing the afr too sky rocket. I'll know later today (i haven't had this exhaust w.o my broke msd peice)

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      im tellin ya, dual fart cans are the way to go. but not dual exhaust, just get a dual muffler set and it sounds deep and throaty. i get props on my exhaust all the time.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      2" straight pipe, who cares how it sounds, if it works, it works.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I care how it sounds cause I don't want it to sound like a cheap-o Civic ricer. Every time I hear a car like that, I don't look and listen to it cause it's cool, I look and listen to it cause it's annoying and I wanna see what the retard who put it on looks like, I think to myself, "it has to be a mexican or a stupid wigga".

im tellin ya, dual fart cans are the way to go. but not dual exhaust, just get a dual muffler set and it sounds deep and throaty. i get props on my exhaust all the time.
      Got a sound sample?
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      i got a vid on youtube, before the cut out resonator and it is with a crummy camera. but if you really want to...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... th+exhaust

just dont pay no attn. to the first like 1:45, i didnt know what i was doin and i thought i had video editing software and found out i didnt.

Thanks
      ok so i was doin some thinkin about what your mechanic said about because its such a small motor that it wont get deep. i can think of even smaller motors that get louder and deeper than our motors. like harleys and such. now i dont know much about motors and stuff and if there are really drastic differences between the 2 other than we have 4 cyl and they dont. but its the concept that i am tryin to drive across here. so unless someone can dispute this legitamitely i stand to say that it is possible to get a rich and deep sound from a 4 cyl. you just need 2 things, money and time which is something that not alot of us have, at least me. so with that said, i would like someone to prove me wrong, and like i also stated i dont know a hell of alot about motors so please, if you can prove me wrong, dont make me look like an ass . lmao!

and no im not sayin i want my aveo to sound like a harley.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      HP > sound

If it makes it faster, the exhaust could play lacucaracha for all I care.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      HP > sound

If it makes it faster, the exhaust could play lacucaracha for all I care.

that would be bad ass for about 3 seconds

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      ok so i was doin some thinkin about what your mechanic said about because its such a small motor that it wont get deep. i can think of even smaller motors that get louder and deeper than our motors. like harleys and such. now i dont know much about motors and stuff and if there are really drastic differences between the 2 other than we have 4 cyl and they dont. but its the concept that i am tryin to drive across here. so unless someone can dispute this legitamitely i stand to say that it is possible to get a rich and deep sound from a 4 cyl. you just need 2 things, money and time which is something that not alot of us have, at least me. so with that said, i would like someone to prove me wrong, and like i also stated i dont know a hell of alot about motors so please, if you can prove me wrong, dont make me look like an ass . lmao!
      It is possible...and it won't take just time and money. Someones gotta have the knowledge on how to get that deep sound. It's not just mufflers/resonators though, the size piping puts a huge role on the exhaust sound. I might be able to give you some advice when I redo my exhaust again. I'm about to go onto my third cat-back... right now I have stock headers, test pipe for first cat, stock burned out cat, and 2.5" cat-back with only a straight through muffler. The cars not running so well, but the exhaust is extreamly deep and has a deep bass to it right untill 2.7rpm but I think thats cuz the AFR goes crazy, ive only have this setup a couple weeks and the car hasn't been running well in that same time. I'm going to attempt to get the exhaust quieter and just as deep with headers, test pipe for main CAT, and a cat-back. Well see, we start it tomorrow

Thanks
      i heard someone once say that square piping would make the exhaust louder. dont know if its true or not but... now for the 2.5 inch piping you talkin about, is that gonna be to big? cus we dont want to hear you come back and say "sounds great but i lost torque, yada yada yada." i dont think id go bigger than 2 inch. but then again its all about what your after, SHOW or GO! i cant even hear my exhaust right now cus i got the silencers in hahaha! but even with the silencers in she makes a nice lil purr at certain rpms and on dpownshifts, like a quiet deep tone thats real sexy lol. well let us know how it goes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast