•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Considering getting straight piped...

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      i got my mufflers to be unique. who has another aveo with dual canisters? i havent seen one yet, so its not all about laziness, its about looks too. an exhaust can be the focal point of the rear car. looks + great sound can be hard to acheive if you dont know what your doin. sounds like you do so, post pics and sound clips when your done!
      Yeah that's the thing that makes your car mike

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Yeah, Aveogryl is rockin a 60 series. SHe posted a saound bite on the old forums and I liked the way it sounded. I PMed her a while ago asking about it but she's MIA.

Thanks

Re: Considering getting straight piped...

I have a 1.8T jetta that I had the exhaust done on. I did a header and had the whole thing straight-piped back with 2.5" aluminized pipe into cherry bomb glass pack. Trust me, if you take long trips it will annoy you to no end, but around town it is sweet...especially hitting a high rev down shift and hearing it crackle lol. My buddy straight piped his 02 Ford Focus and it's not too loud, but its noticable.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

dude what a crappy idea, your engine needs backpressure and when you do this you will lose a lot of power!! Same as when you put on a jap style exhaust, looks nice and sounds great but crap on power!!! Turbo cars are the only ones that can use a straight through exhaust system!

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion racingSA
      dude what a crappy idea, your engine needs backpressure and when you do this you will lose a lot of power!! Same as when you put on a jap style exhaust, looks nice and sounds great but crap on power!!! Turbo cars are the only ones that can use a straight through exhaust system!
      Another one who doesn't know the difference between backpressure and exhaust velocity.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion racingSA
      1.8T is turbo, that's what the T is for lol. But yeah I do agree, if you have no turbo and reduce your backpressure too much you'll actually do a lot of damage to the motor. I had an old 2.9L bronco2 in high school that I chopped right at the Y pipe up front and drove it for like a year. Warped all my valves and fried my piston rings. On the aveo if you run a header I would say run no larger than 2" pipe.

Check out GoAsT's video on youtube, hes got a vid w/sound of his flowmaster 60 and it sounds sick. Waaaaaaay better than a 40$ fart can lol.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      That's what I did with my exhaust. Id like to get cold air intake wither with secondary breather valve to eliminate water danger, or take the pipe down through fog light hole. I like the way it sounds. I do have a resonator...pipe cut at cat and brought out through glass pack and pipe out just before rear driver side tire Name:  IMG_20131212_121245.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  201.7 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234