I'm considering getting my Aveo straight piped, like what Nemasys (See "Too white for ya!" topic in Interior section) did, except I'm thinking of doing it a little different.

In the exhaust system on the Aveo, the cat pipe goes straight through the middle, from the engine to the rear axle, just before the rear axle, the pipe bends to the drivers side, then goes out a little bit, then turns back and bends over the rear axle bar thingy before going into the muffler.

Nemasys just took off the muffler and put in a straight pipe, what I'm thinking is just before the 2nd pipe bend to go into the muffler, I get a pipe cut and put on so it goes straight out on the drivers side, just before the rear driver's side wheel.

What I want to know is if I take out the muffler, how loud will it get? I talked to a custom muffler shop and he said:

1: It will get very loud if it's straight piped with no muffler or resonator at the end, and that's what I'm looking for, however, I heard from a forum talking about performance mufflers that a 4 banger like the Aveo would only make it sound like "farting in a tin can" or one of those Honda Civic buzzers, which worries me.

2: If I put it before the rear wheel, if the door seal isn't good enough, the smoke will get "sucked inside the car" and I'll smell it all day.

3: At freeway speeds, because it ends on the drivers side instead of the back, it will make alot of noise that I will hear, especially if the windows are down (but he notes that cause it's Arizona it's not very likely that I'll have my windows down, which he's right, most of the time).

He says he can take the muffler out and get a temporary pipe to go out the back for me to "Try it out" for aboout $40-60 and 45 mins of my time to install.

If I don't like it, he can reattach the muffler or if I want more he can make it how I want... For extra...

What should I do?