Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So I officially hate my car.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: So I officially hate my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2009
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoBlack

--shave your throttle body-- take the intake off and use a dremel tool to thin that thick intake wall down.

--lower the car-- it always helps with handling. i put apex springs on my car, and was able to stay on my buddies bumper around 90 degree turns. he had to buy coilovers to do that for his focus

--wider rims-- i upgraded from stock 6inch wide rims to 7inch, and the i couldnt believe how different the car felt.

--build yourself a Cold-air intake-- instead of that ram air, build a CAI. i felt a big difference after upgrading mine. plus the ram air rubbed through my coolant line

--upgrade Camshaft-- not quite a DIY upgrade, but you said your dad owned a shop right?

--Clutch Kit-- shoot through those RPMs faster with a lightweight flywheel, and upgraded clutch kit.

--bodykit/weight reduction-- those bodykits arent only rice, their lighter than stock too.

--add sponser stickers-- each one will give you 5HP at the wheel

--softer tires-- better grip/bite and quicker responce. also think about upgradeing to lower profile tires, or simply stretch some normal tires. its unpopular but stretch will eliminate sidewall flex, and essentially give you a much cheaper low-pro performance.
      OK I have a couple questons what does grinding your intake do and how do you do it. Is there a how to somewhere?

If the stickers work I'm slapping a ton of them on there ...lol

Lastly what do you mean by stretching tires?

BTW sorry I am kinda hijacking the thread.

understandable questions. when you remove your intake, you'll notice the metal throttle body. its initially just a hole you can see into. take a good look, and you'll notice how thick the "rim" is. this is what you want to shave. you want to make the rim as thin as possible, so the air will flow more smoothly as it passes into the engine. remember to buzz the inside of the throttle body, not the outside. the idea is to allow for more air to be jammed in their. it'll cut back on the "chugging" you sometimes experiance during the summer. the reason, is the air is so thick and laden with moisture. when its forced into the throttle body, it thickens more, and when it contacts the stock rim, the air cant maintain the same density. imagine making cookies. except your going to push the dough through the cookie cutters instead of the other way around. you'll notice its easier to push the dough through a larger cookie cutter, because theres less resistance. thats what shaving your throttle body does for air intake.

stretching tires is just putting a smaller tire on a larger rim. say the tire is 6 inches wide, stretching the tire would be mounting it on a 7 inch wide rim. it makes your sidewall look like this / instead of this | . that eliminates sidewall flex, giving you roughly the same ride as low profile tires, just much cheaper.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      i havent checked the 09 to see how bad it is yet. but you would need to take it off since it points straight down. but you remove the intake. and there is a ridge where the opening to the throttle body is. you shave that to remove the ridge. do not, do not, do not sand/grind where the throttle plate sits.

stretching tires means putting a narrow tire on a wider rim for example. if you have a 205/40r16 tire it is @ 8" wide. so to stretch it you would want an 8.5-10 inch rim (depending on the amount of stretch you want, too much wont gain performance)
      why are my descriptions so damn long winded? i want Rabbits brain!

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

guys give the guy a break. the aveo will not be fast. go for a civic or accord or maybe a muscle car
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Idk what I'm gonna do... I think I'm gonna buy my buddys accord for 300 and put a new motor in it because the motor is locked up in it lol

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

the stickers on the windsheild gave me 22hp at the wheel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
      Idk what I'm gonna do... I think I'm gonna buy my buddys accord for 300 and put a new motor in it because the motor is locked up in it lol
      if your giving up the aveo for a honda, it better be a new model civic or accord, do not do the 90's civics

Thanks

if your giving up the aveo for a honda, it better be a new model civic or accord, do not do the 90's civics

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

What!?! Are you kidding, 90's civics are perfect cars to learn from and build. I built an EG hatch and swapped a JDM K20 motor in it. It was a monster and super light. They're cheap too. I would build another one any time. I do love my aveo with a passion though.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

There you go if you want a cheaper build that way you can keep you Aveo and always have a ride in case you have problems with the accord.
      2009 Chevy Aveo5 LS
      2007 Chevy Corvette Z06
      2002 GMC Yukon XL (my tow vehicle)
      1978 Jeep Renagade CJ5 Levi Edition
      1965 Pontiac GTO (428, Tripower, 4spd)

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I don't ever want to give up on the aveo!!! Screw that! This thing is my baby I just get pissed at her sometimes... lol.

So I want her for my daily but I want to build me up a cool street car that won't cost me a billion dollars... Remember I am a college student... Hard to get a lot of money lol

I'm looking into that accord tho, idk I'm going to look around and see what I can find... Hell I might not even get a honda, even like a cavalier, or a paseo?! lol idk any suggestions? Something I can get for cheap?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast