•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rpms go up, car doest go faster...kinda stutters. exhaust smells like burnt..idk what

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

rpms go up, car doest go faster...kinda stutters. exhaust smells like burnt..idk what

dSo, this problem generally occurs after cold start. I have a 2009 chevy aveo LT. Hatchback with 15k miles. I will start it, and back up or pull forward...then genererally at first acceleration the rpms will go up, not in conjunction with pressure on pedal, car won't go faster then they'll drop back down and go will continue moving. At stop lights, the rpms will shake at 1000rpms. I believe thetexhaust has a weird smell to it...like burnt...something...not necessarily burnt oil. But, then again who knows. Symptoms generally only happen after cold start and just the once at the begining of driving..except rpm shaking...that happens at every stop..but not if in park. I checked the oil and tranny fluid Both are fine. Had oil changed like 1500 miles ago. I'm hoping this is a qauick fix and I won't be **** out of luck. Please if you have any ideas or experience...lemme know. I bought the car new in early 2010. I haven't had a tune up, I only have 15k so ya know...figure not necessary

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Beneficiall View Post
      dSo, this problem generally occurs after cold start. I have a 2009 chevy aveo LT. Hatchback with 15k miles. I will start it, and back up or pull forward...then genererally at first acceleration the rpms will go up, not in conjunction with pressure on pedal, car won't go faster then they'll drop back down and go will continue moving. At stop lights, the rpms will shake at 1000rpms. I believe thetexhaust has a weird smell to it...like burnt...something...not necessarily burnt oil. But, then again who knows. Symptoms generally only happen after cold start and just the once at the begining of driving..except rpm shaking...that happens at every stop..but not if in park. I checked the oil and tranny fluid Both are fine. Had oil changed like 1500 miles ago. I'm hoping this is a qauick fix and I won't be **** out of luck. Please if you have any ideas or experience...lemme know. I bought the car new in early 2010. I haven't had a tune up, I only have 15k so ya know...figure not necessary

Hi Beneficiall,

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues with your vehicle. Since your car is a 2010 with only 15K miles, I would assume that it would be covered under warranty. Have you had the vehicle serviced at a Chevy dealership? Unfortunately I am not a certified mechanic but I would be glad to research further. If you would like to private message the last 8-digits of your VIN#, I could check to see if there are any special coverages or open recalls related to the problems you're experiencing. Have a good weekend!

I look forward to your reply.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I'm at work, but I will try to get that to you via private message. Autozone read the code as a faulty o2 sensor...ir probable cause

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Beneficiall View Post
      ..... I checked the oil and tranny fluid Both are fine. Had oil changed like 1500 miles ago. .....I haven't had a tune up, ....
      Actually, the group of items you mentioned IS just about a full tune-up these days. Just throw in check/add tire pressure every 3 weeks or so, check the other fluids, and you're all set. Don't ever take your car to a shop and ask for a tune-up - the days of points, rotor, and condenser are history. Most shops are honest enough, and won't rip you off. But you may get unlucky and find one who will charge you $100 for a bunch of things like "top-off fluids". You're a number of miles away from the recommended maintenance items. Review your owner's manual, and keep up with what's listed in there. And it's also helpful to check these forums occasionally, because most vehicles experience one or more systemic problems, and it's good to know about those, hopefully before they happen to your's. This could be almost any kind of problem - O2 sensors for instance .

Thanks
      I have sort of the same problem. My 09 aveo roars when I push the gas pedal but doesn't accelerate in accordance with how hard I push on the pedal. It stutters sometimes but not always. But I haven't experienced a smell, but I have a strong air freshener. Last year they put in a new drive-shaft (I think that's what it's called) and It performed better than when I bought it. It's slowly getting worse performance but all checks out with the service dept. at my local chevy dealer.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dahanger View Post
      I have sort of the same problem. My 09 aveo roars when I push the gas pedal but doesn't accelerate in accordance with how hard I push on the pedal. It stutters sometimes but not always. But I haven't experienced a smell, but I have a strong air freshener. Last year they put in a new drive-shaft (I think that's what it's called) and It performed better than when I bought it. It's slowly getting worse performance but all checks out with the service dept. at my local chevy dealer.

Hi Dahanger,

I also suggest that keeping up with your regular maintenance is a good idea. If the performance is getting worse you should take your vehicle into the dealership to have it diagnosed. Please post if you have any other concerns or questions. Thank you.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Thanks
      Thanks for the reply, Vanessa. I've had my aveo at the dealership for problems 10+ times. And have the invoices for them all. And while I have had all repairs done under warranty and no cost to me. It gets frustrating that it falls apart so easily. Chevy is still my favorite. But the dealership just says they can't find a problem and return it. Makes me feel like they don't want to take the time to find the actual problem.

Thanks
      I'm sorry but I don't understand the relevance of your post to this thread, robin7.

2009 Chevy Aveo5 2LT - Still awesome!

Thanks
      (dahanger, thanks for the heads-up - robin7 was a spammer. Banned, and posts deleted.)

Thanks
      Justice has been served!

2009 Chevy Aveo5 2LT - Still awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast