•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to Winterize!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Time to Winterize!

With Friday being November the 1st., I just wanted to remind all of those in the northern hemisphere that NOW is the time to get your Aveo ready for the coming winter months. This means:

WASH & WAX - A good coat of wax will help protect the paint from the salt, sand, brine, etc.

CHANGE THE OIL & FILTER - or any other needed maintenance. Will your battery make it through the winter? It's a lot easier to do these things right now while you can still feel your fingers!

SNOW TIRES - Time to put on the winter boots. If you have never invested in snow tires believe me, they make a world of difference especially on our little cars. If you haven't already purchased a nicer or larger set of rims, this is the perfect reason to do so. I mounted the winter boots on the stock rims and put a nice set of performance tires on the nicer rims for the rest of the year. By doing this you will be protecting your nicer rims from all of the salt, sand, brine, etc. It also makes it cheaper and easier to change from the winter tires to the spring/summer/fall tires.

WINTER WIPERS - If you switch out wipers like I do, now is the time. Also fill up your washer fluid tank with something that does not freeze. If you have been using water throughout the summer get it out or your tank/pump may freeze and bust.

CHECK YOUR ANTI-FREEZE! - If you haven't done a flush and fill recently, then now would be a good time to do that.

EMERGENCY KIT - Make sure you have a small kit put together and in the car for any winter-time emergencies. (HINT: Pack some toilet paper - your 'roids will thank you when you do not have to use a snow ball!)

and last but most importantly, if you're a skier MOUNT THE SKI RACK! - You don't want to miss a minute on the slopes!

Last edited by milesvinson; 10-31-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      I cant read this at all... change the font please

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
      I cant read this at all... change the font please
      With Friday being November the 1st., I just wanted to remind all of those in the northern hemispheres that NOW is the time to get your Aveo ready for the coming winter months. This means:

WASH & WAX - A good coat of wax will help protect the paint from the salt, sand, brine, etc. ;

CHANGE THE OIL & FILTER
      - or any other needed maintenance.

Will your battery make it through the winter? It's a lot easier to do these things right now while you can still feel your fingers!

SNOW TIRES
      - Time to put on the winter boots. If you have never invested in snow tires believe me, they make a world of difference especially on our little cars. If you haven't already purchased a nicer or larger set of rims, this is the perfect reason to do so. I mounted the winter boots on the stock rims and put a nice set of performance tires on the nicer rims for the rest of the year. By doing this you will be protecting your nicer rims from all of the salt, sand, brine, etc. It also makes it cheaper and easier to change from the winter tires to the spring/summer/fall tires.

WINTER WIPERS
      - If you switch out wipers like I do, know is the time. Also fill up your washer fluid tank with something that does not freeze. If you have been using water throughout the summer get it out or your tank/pump may freeze and bust.

CHECK YOUR ANTI-FREEZE! - If you haven't done a flush and fill recently, then now would be a good time to do that.;

EMERGENCY KIT - Make sure you have a small kit put together and in the car for any winter-time emergencies. (HINT: Pack some toilet paper - your 'roids will thank you when you do not have to use a snow ball!)

and last but most importantly, if you're a skier MOUNT THE SKI RACK! - You don't want to miss a minute on the slopes!
      is that Better Pickles?

Thanks
      That works lol. Good advice. It hurt my eyes to try and read it how it was.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
      That works lol. Good advice. It hurt my eyes to try and read it how it was.
      yeah, it was like trying to read a continuous run on sentence!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Sorry! I couldn't get the editor functions to work. It should be fixed now.

Thanks
      Nice list! Thanks. I know I always forget to do a lot of this stuff until the last minute haha.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Always a good thing to do!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      First off, I'm a girl. )

what does this mean (see next paragraph, below) ? I need new tires and I must buy from Goodyear. They do have a true snow tire. I live in the Kansas City area ... If I show this to the guy at Goodyear, will he quote me a price? lol. sorry. I have no idea what "rims" are and I just recently learned there's a difference between "wheels" and "tires"
      oh and my Chev Aveo is 2011 with 26000 miles, original Hankooks need to be replaced now...

SNOW TIRES - Time to put on the winter boots. If you have never invested in snow tires believe me, they make a world of difference especially on our little cars. If you haven't already purchased a nicer or larger set of rims, this is the perfect reason to do so. I mounted the winter boots on the stock rims and put a nice set of performance tires on the nicer rims for the rest of the year. By doing this you will be protecting your nicer rims from all of the salt, sand, brine, etc. It also makes it cheaper and easier to change from the winter tires to the spring/summer/fall tires.

Thanks
      Rims is another word for wheels. You don't need bigger or fancy wheels unless you want more performance/better looks. You can have Goodyear mount snow tires on your factory wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast