•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Integra build (de-rice)

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Integra build (de-rice)

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      I would never buy a JDM fag car, and not one where a kid beat on it anyways. You could have found a nice low milage lanos for the same price of less. Guess its good cheap transportation though, just put a paper bag on your head. Does it fart loud?
      My friend wanted A tuner car IE Honda/acura, lanos is far from tuner and seeing how it's worse then aveo so no daewoo cars. Plus you can't beat a b18b1 reliability power handling and parts access. The integra is a great platform this one is just rusted and needs a **** load of work

Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1

but you are far from me, lol

found oem front bumper for 20$
      im only 4 hours away.. ive driven further than that for parts..

but for $20 you beat the deal..

Thanks

Next on the to do list is to fix that exhaust. When I drove the car I though to my self is this thing running a streigh pipe, but the exhaust seems fine. Took a closer look and the from what I can see with out geting under the car the past owner put spacers on the exhast bolts between the header and the rest of the exhaust lmfao creating a huge leak

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I don't know how much money you were perhaps planning on putting into it but consider that it might be a lost cause... It might be depending on what you plan on doing with it...

1: Eventual show car - give up now, it's old, too many miles, soooooo much work needed to get done, you might as well get a new car

2: Drag/track car - assuming the engine, transmission, suspension, electronics and plumbing were updated, replaced, de-rusted, fixed or a combination of those, you could probably get it done, if you had the money for it... In which case again you might have a better chance just getting a car in better condition. Don't forget the frame is so rusty it's actually starting to disintegrate. There's a little tip I know when looking into a used car: if there's rust on the car you can see, chances are theres much more rust in places you can't see. If I was a tech inspector at a racetrack I'd DQ you in a heartbeat... Again get a new car.

3: Daily driver - if it got to 233k miles or whatever and still drives with no big issues, it should last a bit longer, but don't expect it to go peacefully, my mom's Subaru went on for about 200k miles and during a hot day on a freeway, the transmission started leaking and siezed up, it destroyed the transmission's guts, the crankshaft, some cylinder heads and most of the valves... It was quoted $6k for a new engine and tranny - she traded it for $1500 and got a nice used car.

Anyway, you still have alot of work to do, like body work and de-rusting some stuff, but you could drive it for a bit more. The bottom line though again is, get a better car, you got $1300 worth of not much to drive...
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Hey!

1. If you want to know the ins and outs of local junk yards...PM me.

2. Check out the local SCCA Solo II meets at RIT on some Sundays.. you'll see what to do with the car! http://www.flr-scca.com/solo/schedule.html

3..looks to have all the typical rusty crust cars get around here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      I don't know how much money you were perhaps planning on putting into it but consider that it might be a lost cause... It might be depending on what you plan on doing with it...

1: Eventual show car - give up now, it's old, too many miles, soooooo much work needed to get done, you might as well get a new car

2: Drag/track car - assuming the engine, transmission, suspension, electronics and plumbing were updated, replaced, de-rusted, fixed or a combination of those, you could probably get it done, if you had the money for it... In which case again you might have a better chance just getting a car in better condition. Don't forget the frame is so rusty it's actually starting to disintegrate. There's a little tip I know when looking into a used car: if there's rust on the car you can see, chances are theres much more rust in places you can't see. If I was a tech inspector at a racetrack I'd DQ you in a heartbeat... Again get a new car.

3: Daily driver - if it got to 233k miles or whatever and still drives with no big issues, it should last a bit longer, but don't expect it to go peacefully, my mom's Subaru went on for about 200k miles and during a hot day on a freeway, the transmission started leaking and siezed up, it destroyed the transmission's guts, the crankshaft, some cylinder heads and most of the valves... It was quoted $6k for a new engine and tranny - she traded it for $1500 and got a nice used car.

Anyway, you still have alot of work to do, like body work and de-rusting some stuff, but you could drive it for a bit more. The bottom line though again is, get a better car, you got $1300 worth of not much to drive...
      from what i can tell the engine is mint. was rebuilt, and starts on a first click every time which is better then what my aveo's motor does with 28 000 miles. worst case he will drive it the way it is with minor repairs, and i will junk the body and put the engine and trans in to an eg hatch shell next year

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

3: Daily driver - if it got to 233k miles or whatever and still drives with no big issues, it should last a bit longer, but don't expect it to go peacefully
      from what i can tell the engine is mint. was rebuilt, and starts on a first click every time which is better then what my aveo's motor does with 28 000 miles. worst case he will drive it the way it is with minor repairs, and i will junk the body and put the engine and trans in to an eg hatch shell next year
      i had a chevette with 600k miles on it, with 2 rebuilds to the engine all the part were still in spec both times, but seepage and head gasket every 200k. acura engines are supposed to be very reliable if they stay stock..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      3: Daily driver - if it got to 233k miles or whatever and still drives with no big issues, it should last a bit longer, but don't expect it to go peacefully
      i had a chevette with 600k miles on it, with 2 rebuilds to the engine all the part were still in spec both times, but seepage and head gasket every 200k. acura engines are supposed to be very reliable if they stay stock..
      We might do a compression test later on in the build

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

u should do a comp test now...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      u should do a comp test now...
      we will as soon as the car is registered, i drove it and it pulls hard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast