•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 cruise control

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Cruise Control for 06 Aveo

Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      found it, thank god, i need cruise control, i drive alot on the freeway, especially now that i have my new job as a support technician. thanks guys http://aveoclub.proboards26.com/inde...e=1#1153560399
      Did you get a chance to do this yet? I have an 06 and want to do the same. Any problems getting the part?

topic says 'How to Add Cruise Control, 06 & newer SVM Aveo's'

anyone know what SVM stands for?

this works for both manual and automatic transmission right?

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      oh yeah i did it about a month ago and it works great,

just make sure you dont mix up those 2 wires becuase youll get a check engine light and you will run at half power, lol.

no problems getting the part, it came to be around $18 sumthin for the part

SVM stands for Special Value Model, which means, you dont have jack squat in options for the car i.e. power windows, power locks etc. my car sez LS but i think thats bull**** because i have no power windows, locks, mirrors or anything for that matter, the dealer probably badged it that way so they can "try" to sell it for more, which they couldnt sucker me into

and yes it works for both manual and automatic transmissions.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Cruise Control for 06 Aveo

Well I defiantly have the SVM edition then, and mine also says Aveo 5 LS on the sticker
      Now if the dealer would just respond to my email. Or perhaps I値l just go there with the part number.

Did you mount it temporarily? Or did you get the other parts to mount it properly in the steering wheel? And if in the wheel do you happen to have the part numbers for that? How about some pictures if you did a custom mounting job, I知 thinking some sort of Velcro mounting system. Not sure until I get the part in my hands but eventually I want it on the steering wheel.

Thanks
      i suggest you take your part number to the parts department, it will be much faster.

I mounted it temporarily, it will probably be permanent because in order to mount it on the steering wheel where it belongs, you will need to spend about 200 bucks for a new clock spring and some other junk that goes inside the steering wheel. ill get pictures tomorrow, im lazy right now i dun want to do it lol

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      No hurry, for now I will just to a temp. Mounting as well but eventually I would like it in the steering wheel. I saw a shop here that does cruise control for about 350CAD and up, so the 200 plus 18US for the switch does not sounds bad especially with how good the Canadian dollar is doing lately.
      Not sure exactly what a clock spring is but I知 guessing it痴 not some generic part. Maybe I値l ask the parts mgr. while I知 there. Maybe even get some part numbers.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      If you get AC and an automatic transmission you are considered LS, those are the only 2 options I have

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

No AC here

Mine has no AC, it was an advertised special vehicle and was the last one. The color I wanted and everything! The no AC thing was a good excuse to immediately good get a tint. But now I wish I had AC. Another topic I would like to explore.

I致e looked around on the net and the best I can find is AC condensers on eBay, and I saw one place that did aftermarket ac for an Aveo but nowhere near me.

Wait! Do I understand this right? To install cruise on a 2006 Aveo with drive-by-wire you just need to install the switch? What about the cruise control module? Is that function handled by the drive-by-wire system? Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      nope its pretty simple really, just buy the switch, everything is controlled by the computer

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

update

I went down to the dealer thursday afternoon and ordered the part, no clue how much it is yet, but im guessing around 20 bucks CAD.
      when I asked how log they said "a few days" so im hoping for this week.

khan4rtist:
      did you get any pictures of yours yet?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast