•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2006 cruise control

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: 2006 cruise control

thanks for posting the picture. so I should unplug it and try to get a reading while the engine is running, looks like theirs 3 wires so is 3 possible places to get reading from.
      unless you happen to know which 2 to read from. also what do I use to read them on my multimeter? sorry for being such a NOOB.
      these are my options
      DC voltage - 200mV, 2000mV, 20V, 200V, 1000V
      AC voltage - 200V, 750V
      DC current - 200ľA, 2000ľA, 20A, 200mA, 10A
      #Resistance - 200, 2k, 20k, 200k, 2000k
      Diode test

I am guessing DC voltage 200mV?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i do not know enough about the wires in that sensor to tell you what to do. but one is a constant. one is ground, and one is variable signal to the computer.

you need to check the variable signal. and see how it changes with engine speed. if the signal curve drops somewhere that is the problem. the it should give more voltage at speed. but again, not 100% sure.

DC voltage is what you want but might be 20v.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

ok great now if I could just find it! should I be looking from the top or bottom?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

either one.

from about, is is almost right infront of the pivot arm for the shifter. if you look at the picture posted, it is from behind to get the camera down there. the shaft on the right side of the picture is the shifter arm coming out of the top of the tranny, and the think on the right of the picture with the yellow sticker is the starter.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

well I found it! and the only reason I was sure I found it was thanks to this ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DAEWO...29188001r13066 where it shows the OEM part number 96190708 witch is printer on the sensor I removed. the wires were a different color for the record. anyways I couldn't get any reading while idling. it is not in a very friendly spot and I do not have any croc style multimeter probes to clip on so I was just trying to hold them on the pins witch was near impossible. A friend of mine at a GM dealer said they do have a speed sensor in stock. if not I might try an auto wrecker now that I know what I am looking for. A while back I had some problems that turned out to be a lose break fluid reservoir cap and break fluid leaked onto wiring causing some engine lights.
      the speed sensor almost directly below the break fluid reservoir leading me to think it is related to that.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

well that is it, if that is your problem. you need to drive the car to get a reading though. it signals drive speed. If you want to just throw one in to diagnose it that might be ok too. but i hate spending money on parts i dont need.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I just dont see how I am going to get a reading while driving the car. I thought revving the engine would be good enough. I dont think the part is to expensive either. I just want it fixed. what else could it be other than wiring?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i am just going by your description/code. without seeing anything. but i would bet based off a speed sensor and the Cruise not working that is it.

?

but $30 is cheaper than a shop, and might fix it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345