•  

Thread: Cruise control stopped after brake light switch replacement

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Cruise control stopped after brake light switch replacement

I have a 2008 Aveo 5. Factory cruise control has worked without issue since I bought the car 5 years ago. About a month ago my brake light switch went out; couldn't disengage my shifter. I replaced the switch and everything went back to normal... except my cruise control would no longer turn on. No green light indicating it was on; none of the buttons would do anything. I disconnected the control switches and tested each button with a multimeter and they seemed to be sending the correct variable resistances. I bought a new brake light switch, same thing. I connected my BlueDriver and I have no engine codes or any other anomalies. I tried a reset anyhow. I have no blown fuses on anything. I disconnected the battery to allow the ECU to reset. So far nothing seems to make a difference.

What else am I missing?

Thanks
      Sounds like you're covering your bases well, so I hate to ask... have you checked your fuses?

Thanks
      I pulled all the fuses in the interior fuse box and didn't see any issues. I haven't checked all the ones in the engine compartment, but they didn't see relevant. I can check those too. From what I can tell, the only fuses that impact it is the ECU fuse, which I already checked.

Thanks
      I checked all the rest of the fuses, nothing. The green cruise control light on the dash does illuminate when I first turn on the car, but it won't light up at any other time. Also, if I just turned the car off then back on again, the rest of the dash lights go through their startup test, but the cruise control light does not.

The only other anomaly I have going on is the tire pressure light blinks when I first start the car then stays on. I've checked the tires' pressure and they're good, so I'm guessing one of the sensors is just going out.