•  

Thread: Get your car in for the recall. lOverdrive stopped working, check engine light on

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Get your car in for the recall. lOverdrive stopped working, check engine light on

Taking my daughter back to school, left Chicago all good. Hit Alabama state line and torque converter stops working, Hold light comes on and starts flashing and check engine light comes on. Now driving 4,000 rpm going 70 on hwy 65. If you go less then 70 you will get killed. Nurse it to dealer in Auburn. Dealer performs recall on plugs and boots and all is good. I was told Torgue converter stopped working since motor was misfiring. I told him to drive car for a few days to be sure. Don't want daughter to have an issue when she drives back home in may.

Get you car in for the recall.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      if your talking about Recall# 11290 (the Degraded Connection between the Spark Plug Boots and the Spark Plugs) its actually WELL Documented here. it only affects 2009-2011 cars, (my 2010 Sedan was a part of it; got it taken care of back in July)

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by spedaleden View Post
      Taking my daughter back to school, left Chicago all good. Hit Alabama state line and torque converter stops working, Hold light comes on and starts flashing and check engine light comes on. Now driving 4,000 rpm going 70 on hwy 65. If you go less then 70 you will get killed. Nurse it to dealer in Auburn. Dealer performs recall on plugs and boots and all is good. I was told Torgue converter stopped working since motor was misfiring. I told him to drive car for a few days to be sure. Don't want daughter to have an issue when she drives back home in may.

Get you car in for the recall.
      I apologize for your inconvenience with your Aveo. Sounds like the dealership took care of everything for you and hopefully no more further issues. Please feel free to post or PM me with questions, or concerns regarding recalls.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html