•  
    Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aveosam's MPG Thread

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Aveosam's MPG Thread

and it's better to fill up at night cuz the gas is more dense or something like that. my parents told me about the fuel truck one lol.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

i heard early morning is the best time to get gas cus the tanks and gas has cooled overnight-thus makin it more dense. thats when i usually get my gas anyways

i had a thought. someone should make a gas mileage competition thread (just for bragging rights). we try to see who can get the best gas mileage but the only way ur claim would be counted is if you can supply a pic of ur reciepts from the gas station. just a thought for a lil friendly forum competition.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      i heard early morning is the best time to get gas cus the tanks and gas has cooled overnight-thus makin it more dense. thats when i usually get my gas anyways

i had a thought. someone should make a gas mileage competition thread (just for bragging rights). we try to see who can get the best gas mileage but the only way ur claim would be counted is if you can supply a pic of ur reciepts from the gas station. just a thought for a lil friendly forum competition.
      ah but how would we know the miles lol

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

odometer pics??? or just good faith...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan06a
      and it's better to fill up at night cuz the gas is more dense or something like that. my parents told me about the fuel truck one lol.
      no it's not. It's better on hot days. Gas is corrected (in Canada) at 15degrees Centigrade. So the colder the gas, the more correction there is on the meter and the less gas you get. Use to think the same way you did, until I watched a show (on discovery) where they proved it wrong.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

On my first few tanks I've averaged anywhere b/w 29.75 and 32 MPG. I drive ~80miles rountrip everyday mostly highway anywhere b/w 55-80MPH. I'm trying to keep this tank under 65MPH to see if it makes a substantial difference. Either way, it's still better than the Envoy I traded in for it at 15-17MPG

NEO
      There was a time when people used to ask me at a stoplight "how much HP you pushing?".....with $4/gallon looming, they now ask "what kinda mileage you get?". I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      ....also i hear ur not supposed to fill up when a fuel truck is filling the underground tanks because it stirs all the dirt and sediment at teh bottom and that can be brought up and dropped into ur gas tank.
      The pumps all have fuel filters on them, which filter out dirt as well as water.

Thanks

I've had my 05 hatchback with auto and A/C for 3 years, 2 weeks. It has 31k miles on it, I rarely drive the freeway, and if I do, it's not enough to significantly bump of the mileage because of the short distances I may be on the freeway.

My city driving gets me 25-27 MPG.

I have taken a few (3 or 4) all highway trips, and filled up when leaving and returning so i could check the highway mileage and I've gotten 36-39.

Last fall I installed the Rostra Cruise control ,and use it any chance I get when I am on the freeway.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Case 3: Same speed avg going to and back from school. hit traffic and was stop and go on the way home for a good 30 mins. I did a lot more city driving on this tanks. also i thought it was gonna be low because my mom took my car to get inspected friday and its the end of the month so there was a 1hr 15min line she was waiting in and she kept turning off and on. So pretty much using gas but hardly any miles.

Miles:277
      Gallons:8.433
      MPG:32.847

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

i commute 86 miles per day round trip and typically will get between 29 to 31 mpg depending on whether or not i'm doing 65 or 80 which is typical on i-684 which is our main artery between putnam county where i live, and westchester county where i work. i'm pretty bad though. i'll squeeze out 325 to 340 miles out of a tank, and when i go to fill up i've got anywhere from .8 of a gallon to a whole gallon left. my fuel pump must hate me!!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast