•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: stupid ricer brochure

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Yes they actually like American stuff but there not into the whole FnF deal. They like the stock look alot. 17's, lip kit or body kit and call it a day. They do like USDM stuff on there big bodies. And they especially love American muscle and Lacs.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Plastic spinner hubcaps... Nuff said

...Or is that what would be in the "mexican wanna-be-lowrider brochure"?
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      lol bout the same thing... the "walmart specials"... and i can't remember who mentioned this one but the

unpainted body kit

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      i also love the people who have the "tire flys" on their wheels. thats just ridiculous!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      tire flys?
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

Re: stupid ricer brochure

I'm not sure whats the point of this post, making fun of other peoples taste? I agree some guys just have no idea of what tunning means 'Walmart' parts is a example. thinking that a loud muffler makes ur car faster is another, cars that are falling apart with expensive rim? thats a nono too... Others just want the 'Fast And Furious' look on their cheap cars, and thats ok, not every one of us can afford a WRX! Not everyone of us want to look like professor 'Geekster' driving a stock Aveo or Rio or Civic. I did drove mine stock for 3 years, now I'm ready for a new look but don't want to buy a new car yet. A CAI and straight muffler will ad horsepower not reduce it, that's a fact, stock units are highly restrictive due to emission standards. I drive a Aveo, supping it up right now, got the pedestal wing(sacriligious on hatchbacks, but that is what I like), 17' blk wheels, CAI, muffler and a few more bits and pieces done to it. When I can afford a better car I will get a Mazda Speed 3 or a Subaru WRX hatch or maybe a used Viper, untill than, my 'RICER' will do just fine for me! Remenber, as u laugh at someones 'RICER' theres probably someone else pointing at u and laughing at ur ride also!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Did you do a search for "oldest thread ever" to post in here?

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoSS
      I'm not sure whats the point of this post, making fun of other peoples taste? I agree some guys just have no idea of what tunning means 'Walmart' parts is a example. thinking that a loud muffler makes ur car faster is another, cars that are falling apart with expensive rim? thats a nono too... Others just want the 'Fast And Furious' look on their cheap cars, and thats ok, not every one of us can afford a WRX! Not everyone of us want to look like professor 'Geekster' driving a stock Aveo or Rio or Civic. I did drove mine stock for 3 years, now I'm ready for a new look but don't want to buy a new car yet. A CAI and straight muffler will ad horsepower not reduce it, that's a fact, stock units are highly restrictive due to emission standards. I drive a Aveo, supping it up right now, got the pedestal wing(sacriligious on hatchbacks, but that is what I like), 17' blk wheels, CAI, muffler and a few more bits and pieces done to it. When I can afford a better car I will get a Mazda Speed 3 or a Subaru WRX hatch or maybe a used Viper, untill than, my 'RICER' will do just fine for me! Remenber, as u laugh at someones 'RICER' theres probably someone else pointing at u and laughing at ur ride also!
      This isn't making fun of other people's taste.... unless it's donks. It's making fun of their stupidity. FWD cars can't truly drift. An intake doesn't make your car built. cut springs with stock struts is retarded as it ruins your ride and doesn't do anything for handling/ A CAI is known to add SOME HP, but not alot. My brother has a CAI on his '89 Cavalier Z24 convertible and thinks it adds 50 HP. THAT is ricer logic. But of course you can't tell him anything cuz he thinks he knows everything. GIGANTIC WRX-esque wings aren't needed on cars that produce 150-250 HP at most. And that's being generous. Exceptions being the Chevrolet Cobalt SS.

Being a ricer isn't just about doing retarded things but there's also a mentality to it. Modding a car is ok but don't be an idiot about it. intake/exhaust aren't gonna do much. maybe 15-25 hp at best. There's a difference between ricers, and tuners. the people who do it smartly and don't think a CAI with exhaust upgrades, countless stickers for products the car doesn't have and 22" rims adds 200+ HP.

Grow up and stop taking ricer comments as attacks.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks

Hey, I tottaly understand what ur saying, like spiner hub caps... My point is technicly we are all RICERs, the line between a Ricer and a Tuner is very fine and it crisscross often as people tastes are very different, foe exemple I like pedestal spoilers on hatchback cars, and fender flares! that cames from following Euro Rallies in the 80s. Most people hate that...As far as growing up, I'm probably old enough to be ur dad and have restored/restomod more cars/motorcycles than u will ever own on our lifetime.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

YO my D0Gs yoU aR3 A11 R1c3Rs in mY b00k

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast