•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricer vs Tuner

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Good points on the ricer issue LOL. A big RICER issue too, would be cut springs, or coilovers adjusted all the way down. a car so low it scrapes every where you go, definitely rice. I dont mind feeling bumps in the road here and there, but when a small bump bounces you out of the seat, its rediculous. If its a track car, thats fine, but the slammed stance has a function

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      If I told someone I drive a Bright Keylime Green Hatch with modified suspension, exhaust, intake, mild porting, spoiler, wheels, stereo, some body mods, some interior mods.... They would probably think my car is rice. If someone told me that.. I would imagine a riced out aveo.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      Good points on the ricer issue LOL. A big RICER issue too, would be cut springs, or coilovers adjusted all the way down. a car so low it scrapes every where you go, definitely rice. I dont mind feeling bumps in the road here and there, but when a small bump bounces you out of the seat, its rediculous. If its a track car, thats fine, but the slammed stance has a function
      on cut oem springs, sure. but if on coil overs it is not, its stance. even factory height cars have places they can go because they scrape.. lowered cars just have more potential places they could scrap, being properly slammed is something a ricer could not do.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Rice is: Having a car lowered so much the front facia u just bought is tottaly destroyed and u are the only one that does not notice it! LOL

Thanks
      I should have laid that out a little better. their is nothing wrong with a lowered car. My aveo is lowered by way of Eibach pro-kit springs, KYB GR2 rear shocks, and KYB excel2 front struts. If slammed properly, thats cool too, to an extent. My case though, a buddy of mine had a 97 saturn, he wanted it as low as possible, so he went with a lower aspect ratio tire on stock 15s and put ebay coilovers on it adjusted all the way down. if he were heading out to an SCCA event thats fine, but he wasnt. he had so much negative camber, a camber kit didnt even bring it close to within spec. that in my opinion is rice. someone building a show or track car, properly slamming is cool, but not for something as a daily driver. And its nothing against coilovers either, it just depends on a drivers application.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      mine is a daily driver:

i guess i look at it as even though the parts wear faster set up the way i have it, i don't want to change the handling characteristics off the track either. Kind of a "gotta pay to play" kind of thing. and my front bumper is messed up from something falling off a mack truck and almost killing me on the highway not from being low the miss match i just a layer of clear. but banging the front off cones wont help its appearance either.. The car is fun to drive on and off the track.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      mine is a daily driver:

i guess i look at it as even though the parts wear faster set up the way i have it, i don't want to change the handling characteristics off the track either. Kind of a "gotta pay to play" kind of thing. and my front bumper is messed up from something falling off a mack truck and almost killing me on the highway not from being low the miss match i just a layer of clear. but banging the front off cones wont help its appearance either.. The car is fun to drive on and off the track.
      Your aveo does look good, but you had the key elemnt of what im going on in your post, the track. For a car that sees track time, its all good, even being a daily driver. Coilovers would get old to keep adjusting for on and off track, dont blame you for leaving it low. Now if you were to throw on a massive wing, and cover your aveo with parts stickers, then I would be a little worried LOL. Ive only got 1 sticker on mine, its a 1.5"x1.5" jl audio logo right under the rear wiper barely noticeable. Im right there with on fun to drive, I drive on twisting back roads to and from work everyday, the drive was alot more enjoyable after I lowered my aveo.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Ricer - Anybody who drives in the left hand lane of a highway with a fart can who does not move when you need to pass them. If you do not have a fart can see Ass hat.

WTF, do you think I can what racial origin, sexual orientation, or even how much you modify your car. If you driving in the left hand lane going slow, GTFO! If you have the same load obnoxious fart can running 85+ and blow past me, I am going to be thinking "Oh yeah! That dude is a rocking tuner"
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Good point, btw the yellow cars look nice, the front on the late model is much longer, better looking. Is it possible to convert the early front end to the late front end? Will it bolt on?

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Not the same platform, might be easy to make it work though.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast