•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricer vs Tuner

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      there was a thread about that, seemed like it would not be much of a problem

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Probably costly to do it. May be better off upgrading to the late model...

Banned
      Thanks
      There was an earlier thread about it where it was stated the older front would bolt right onto the newer Aveo and vice versa.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy View Post
      There was an earlier thread about it where it was stated the older front would bolt right onto the newer Aveo and vice versa.
      Tnks Z34, I will search or it... Looking at the rear brake conversion thread right now, I may try to do that next. I got to find a set of rear calipers first, than work around it.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSS View Post
      Tnks Z34, I will search or it... Looking at the rear brake conversion thread right now, I may try to do that next. I got to find a set of rear calipers first, than work around it.
      Looking at them, I can't see why it wouldn't work anyways. All the T250 models are is a facelift. The sedan is just a bit more in depth. You will need the headlights, bumper cover, hood, fog lights and fenders to do the swap.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Thanks
      Oh, that sounds expensive! I'm thinking maybe buy a late model Aveo than swap the parts betewen them two and sell the late model with the early front end. Wow, that sounds like the stupidest idea ever posted here! Can anyone top that off???

Banned
      Thanks
      Oh, that sounds expensive! I'm thinking maybe buy a late model Aveo than swap the parts betewen them two and sell the late model with the early front end. Wow, that sounds like the stupidest idea ever posted here! Can anyone top that off???
      Ari want's to swap the newer hatch front end onto her 2006 hatch because "It has pretty eyes"

Banned
      Thanks
      And duh it's expensive. What the hell did you think a front end swap entailed? You're talking $500 at least.

Thanks
      $500? I wish! I'm thinking probably a couple grand by the time I'm done, if u count the paint. I could sell all the old parts after and recuperate some money, probably have to buy the parts one at a time of ebay, I don't like buying off the junk yard.

Banned
      Thanks
      $500? I wish! I'm thinking probably a couple grand by the time I'm done, if u count the paint. I could sell all the old parts after and recuperate some money, probably have to buy the parts one at a time of ebay, I don't like buying off the junk yard.
      I'd buy the pieces one by one anyways and have each part painted individually when I could afford to. longer process but it gets the job done.
      As for expensive, you should see the plans for my Monte Carlo I have. I plan to dump at least 12 grand into the car, most of it going into rebuilding the engine by hand to my specs. This can only happen after I have an Aveo daily driver, a job, and have taken the Monte off the road for a top to bottom rebuild. when I'm done, It'll look modified, but not over the top. Everything will be kept low-key and tasteful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast