•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricer vs Tuner

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Ricer vs Tuner

K, the age old question but so far it has not been put in a direct way like this so, here we go...I've read some posts about it here and elsewhere, and I think some is quite comfusing, some guys here talk crap about body kits on Civic's just to turn around and praise another member Aveo with guess what 'a body kit', Than others talk about how WRX or other performance cars owners are jurks, yet they are basicly supping up their rides to emulate one of those high performance rides, than u got wrx owners talking **** about Hondas with wings and body kits when they have the biggest wings on the bunch and yes their cars are fast but they are no Gallardos! Bottom line is whats Rice? and whats Tuner? Arent we all walking a fine line betewen those too?
      Lets get a example:
      2009 Honda Civic: body kit, CAI, headers, full CAT back, eibach springs,17' wheels and rear spoiler, plain wht paint.
      2009 VW Golf: CAI, eibach coils, 17' wheels, blacked out lights no engine mods.
      2009 Aveo: body kit, CAI, CAT back, 17' wheels, functional hood heat vents, rear disk conversion.
      2009 Lancer Evo, all stock.
      2009 Ford Focus, rear wing, Cat Back, CAI, body graffics, stock wheels and suspension.
      So witch is Rice and witch is Turner here? or they both kind of cross each other at times?
      If U guys think this post is stupid just let me know and I'll delete it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Ricer vs Tuner

none of those are rice, ricer plays it part when that person owning the car thinks they are the **** and are better than everyone else, like STI boys do, or fit owners that hate the aveo and every car ever made because its not a hondur

i like any car, but dislike when people are like ^^^^^

no car to me is a ricer though, i think its a stupid term :P

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

"rice" to me is unfinished work (primer body kits), wrong jdm styling (weapon R body kit on a mustang japanese american?), trying to impersonate something your not ("custom body work" to make a honda look like a bmw, lambo doors on anything not lambo), and unnecessary / oversized parts (huge unfunctional wing on a stock car, big brake kits on a stock 1.6l automatic honda civic). etc.

edit, putting you model of car or emblem oversized anywhere on your car, especially the top of the windshield.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

im rice.
      the meaning to me is like when peeps are rocking vents/or large wings/crappy paint jobs like rattlecan black.

question on the car modded 2 look like another. would a kit car be rice?

honestly i like hunters point of view with the a hole drivers revin there fart cans on purpose. or straight up acting a foo.

my friend has a neon (i need 2 get a pic of it) that 2 me it is so rice. i want 2 help him de-mod it. he has cut out various vents in the stock bumpers. the tint job, is like a child put it on. and he has a decal of a blue dragon on the hood. Fart can is very loud. and revs it everytime he drives

i think rice has a meanig 2 everyone. i have seen vettes that are riced out. i kno they can haul ass. but some things that are added on can make it rice.

Wikis DEF:
      The pejorative is often intended to denigrate cars which have been modified cosmetically to give a false impression of high performance, but not actually capable of it. The accusation behind this is that the car has been customized with the intent to fool people. The term is most often used against east Asian made vehicles where the population is presumed to subsist on a diet of rice
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscare003
      im rice.
      the meaning to me is like when peeps are rocking vents/or large wings/crappy paint jobs like rattlecan black.

question on the car modded 2 look like another. would a kit car be rice?

honestly i like hunters point of view with the a hole drivers revin there fart cans on purpose. or straight up acting a foo.

my friend has a neon (i need 2 get a pic of it) that 2 me it is so rice. i want 2 help him de-mod it. he has cut out various vents in the stock bumpers. the tint job, is like a child put it on. and he has a decal of a blue dragon on the hood. Fart can is very loud. and revs it everytime he drives

i think rice has a meanig 2 everyone. i have seen vettes that are riced out. i kno they can haul ass. but some things that are added on can make it rice.

Wikis DEF:
      The pejorative is often intended to denigrate cars which have been modified cosmetically to give a false impression of high performance, but not actually capable of it. The accusation behind this is that the car has been customized with the intent to fool people. The term is most often used against east Asian made vehicles where the population is presumed to subsist on a diet of rice
      RICER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

its like a witch hunt

Thanks

I see! seems to be a consensus that oversized wings, unmatched components, amateurish craftsmanship and a bad attitude is what 'Rice' means. I guess I'm safe! for now... LOL

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

lol and hunter has failed. ricer

Thanks

how did i fail?

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks

There is a fine line between rice and tuner, and it is difficult to not cross it sometimes. Having a purpose for modding a vehicle keeps it out of the rice category. I know many people install body kits and light mods for aesthetic purposes, and that is fine. But throwing it no there just to have it, is rice. That fits the fart cans, and over sized wings as well.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks

I whent to Autozone today and OMG! this guy pulls up next to me, older model Prelude black paint all scratched out(thats fine, maybe he can't afford a new paint yet) but than the RIMS on it! Same as my rims, BLK 17' with polished lips, nice rims exept for the fact that he spray painted the center and spokes 'RED' I mean, there was overspray on the TIRES! I mean, it just looked like ****! leave them blk for God sake they look better, but to do that! Than he had all those company stickers on the passenger side of the windshield! thats SUPER RICE! I could not help but text my son and wife and we had a good laugh!

Last edited by AveoSS; 10-04-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast