Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Is the Honda Fit that good?

edited

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

im not bashing anyone, i just dont understand, ive never seen so many logical fallacies before in some of those threads

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

[quote=AveoRob]
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      Honda maintains their resale value by never offering rebates etc. That is how resale is affected.
      Sorry, I disagree. Rebates are offered on vehicles that don't sell. Usually no rebates on a Z06 and such. People have come to expect rebates on american cars.

Quote Originally Posted by "petrified.rabbit":197le6i1

Locally most honda dealers rent or own a second parking lot away from the dealers were they store the "extra" cars.
      A lot of dealers do this, not just Honda.

So yes a fit has a high resale value because you would have paid 16k + taxes etc for it in the first place. I paid 11k out the door for my aveo. So in 3 years if my aveo is worth 6k and the fir is worth 10k then i am actually taking less of a loss than the fit owner.
      Do you really believe your aveo will fetch 6K and only 10K for the fit? And the 16K fit has A/C, does your 11K Aveo have A/C? If not you will be lucky to even sell it, let alone 6K

Larsbud, you are the exception, not the rule.

Anyone care to address the interference timing belt? Hmmmm[/quote:197le6i1]

I doubt it is. it's a SOHC engine. Probably chain driven.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

edited

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      So the extra money spent on a fit brings piece of mind, and better resale because of these types of things.
      My aveo cost me 3900 plus tax.... 2006 with under 30k miles. Only because the insurance decided that they don't want to fix the broken headlight and a bent up front fender from a light accident didn't even blow the airbags), so it automatically became "reconstructed title" because it went though the "public auction" and "state patrol inspection"... Even without it being the rebuilt title, most of Aveos I've seen (including some used LT fully loaded ones)... They never cost more than 6k. Used Honda Fits I looked at were 12k-14k... I'll keep the change of 7-9K for the "peace of mind".

By the way, many of the cars sold to you as "new" or "clean title" have been through the body shop, just the accident was never reported...

anyways, back to the topic, AveoRob, if you like a fit, get a fit. Hunter, if you like a VTEC civic with a manual transmission, you should get that. And for the rest of us that don't mind the aveos - we'll keep driving them. Quit hating on each other...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

[quote=AveoRob]
      Honda maintains their resale value by never offering rebates etc. That is how resale is affected.
      Sorry, I disagree. Rebates are offered on vehicles that don't sell. Usually no rebates on a Z06 and such. People have come to expect rebates on american cars.

Quote Originally Posted by "petrified.rabbit":22kxxc5s

Locally most honda dealers rent or own a second parking lot away from the dealers were they store the "extra" cars.
      A lot of dealers do this, not just Honda.

So yes a fit has a high resale value because you would have paid 16k + taxes etc for it in the first place. I paid 11k out the door for my aveo. So in 3 years if my aveo is worth 6k and the fir is worth 10k then i am actually taking less of a loss than the fit owner.
      Do you really believe your aveo will fetch 6K and only 10K for the fit? And the 16K fit has A/C, does your 11K Aveo have A/C? If not you will be lucky to even sell it, let alone 6K

Larsbud, you are the exception, not the rule.

Anyone care to address the interference timing belt? Hmmmm[/quote:22kxxc5s]

People expect rebates on american cars because thats how gm sells cars, by making you feel like your getting a deal no one else will give you. They sell people movers for the most part, quality and such are not there. BUT when you think your getting a 17k car for the discounted price of 12k like they do with the cobalt, even though it is built like a 8k car..

And i am aware of a lot of dealerships that have hidden lots, i said locally. Difference between the LOCAL honda dealers and such is they will deny having the car to sell the "one" they have. Even if you have gone to the other lot and saw it. Where as everyone else will sell you the car you want. Not tell you how rare it is to get on through..

I do believe my aveo would be worth 6k after 3 years, if i kept it stock, It wasn't being driven around 2" off the ground, mileage, etc. Even with that, i would trade it in back at stock and get 5k, i dont see an issue there. A honda fit, around here when is was looking at the used when i bought my aveo. they were anywhere from $8500 and up.. at dealers all under 100k. Does my 11k aveo have ac like the 16k fit? No, but it was a 1000 option, so if i chose my 12k aveo would have ac like the fit. and i could walk around with $4000.. maybe your experiences are worse than mine, i shop trade in as much as the car i am buying. ive been told the trade cant be more than 25% of what you buy when i was trading my $36k audi with 30k that had a kbb trade of 18k and was offered $2500 for it because i wanted to trade for a $10k car.. but looking at what a 3 year old aveo goes for right now. mine will be worth that.. plus i have the style change.

the interference engine i dont even consider an issue. Its maintenance, do it. its easier to change a belt than chains. it cheaper to change a belt. and its something most people could do themselves. Interference engines have been around for a long time, its surprising to me it even matters to anyone, well maybe someone who doesnt plan to take care of their car. but we have instances of people getting nearly 100k out of their timing belt.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, we don't have to agree. but that doesnt mean everyone else is wrong.

Thanks

ouch, i was just pointing out how other people perceive our cars, and how they are right and I am wrong

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      LarsBud, I was trying to compare the same year Fit as the Aveo that I have (2006), and guess what... the Fit wasn't around yet... so for the 3 years the Aveo already existed in US (longer in other countries) before 2007, Fit was only in projects... So when they boast about it being a better car... well, it better be a better car for an additional few thousand dollars and a few more years of development.
      They did have them out in my area in April 2006 Because My mom was looking for a paper route Car and the Honda dealership had a Red 2007 Honda Fit. Yes you heard it right a 2007 Fit in April 2006 go to any honda dealership and they will tell you that they were first available in spring 2006.

Thanks

everytime yahoo posts a car article, the value of the aveo drops

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_c ... used-cars/

that must be it

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwarrior2016
      Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      LarsBud, I was trying to compare the same year Fit as the Aveo that I have (2006), and guess what... the Fit wasn't around yet... so for the 3 years the Aveo already existed in US (longer in other countries) before 2007, Fit was only in projects... So when they boast about it being a better car... well, it better be a better car for an additional few thousand dollars and a few more years of development.
      They did have them out in my area in April 2006 Because My mom was looking for a paper route Car and the Honda dealership had a Red 2007 Honda Fit. Yes you heard it right a 2007 Fit in April 2006 go to any honda dealership and they will tell you that they were first available in spring 2006.
      I'm pretty sure many first-year-models (if not all of them) start selling in the previous year... I don't know about as early as spring, but then again, I was never shopping for a honda that seriously.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast