Thread: Is the Honda Fit that good?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Is the Honda Fit that good?

No, it's not.... It's one of those things "You gotta talk crap about someone else - it makes you look better with them as a background" type of thing...

Honda boys always thought that they're better than everyone else. But some people have a point in there - aveo guys know that it's korean made - they just don't care...

I'd bet my car's handling can compete and beat with most of fits I meet out here.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

The first one is drivers error. How the poster can ever relate it to how a car handles is like saying "i saw a honda fit hit a mack truck head on, therefore honda fits can't steer or stop"

The second is probably less of a shock than finding out you toyota is built in the us. Or thata lot of the time "made in america" means mexico, and not US or even canadian jobs..

third is kind of a level playing field. they say aveo is all they can beat, meaning can't beat anything else. as well as the point the fit isnt good with much hp either.. thats as far as i got.

the forth is speculation and like dislike of the beat, way back in 2007..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

no offense, but them saying honda fit is cooler then an aveo is like a bald chick making fun of a fat chick.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

fits look like a mantis.
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

My mom tried to get a Fit before buying the Aveo the thing that turned her away from it was the vibrating it did at seventy miles per hour. And the 2007 Fit didn't have a Coolant Temperature gauge which did not sit well with me and my dad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      The first one is drivers error. How the poster can ever relate it to how a car handles is like saying "i saw a honda fit hit a mack truck head on, therefore honda fits can't steer or stop"

The second is probably less of a shock than finding out you toyota is built in the us. Or thata lot of the time "made in america" means mexico, and not US or even canadian jobs..

third is kind of a level playing field. they say aveo is all they can beat, meaning can't beat anything else. as well as the point the fit isnt good with much hp either.. thats as far as i got.

the forth is speculation and like dislike of the beat, way back in 2007..
      Hell My car can beat a fit going 55 MPH I got my grandmother as a witness.

Thanks

not on fitfreak :P you cant tocuh a fit, they are track cars that handle better than any other car, and are super fast too, like 17 second 1/4 mile fast, that smokes any car on the road

one thing i dont get is how they dont mention how much more money the fit is, which can go over $20000 in some cases, of course it will be better in some areas, you get what you pay for

why did deawoo get such a bad rep, kia and hyundai are from the same country, timing belts still break

Thanks

well, since I own both a Honda Fit and an Aveo, I can say that yes, the Fit is slightly better than the Aveo. But not overwhelmingly so. However, the price of the two are not comparable... You can get a new Aveo for 10-13k if you try hard enough. The cheapest new Fit you're going to find is going to run you 15k. That is a pretty big price % difference. My Aveo= $10.7k. My Fit= $16k

My Fit (2009 auto) has 14k miles on it and my Aveo (2007 manual sedan) has 42k miles on it. After much testing, I believe the following:

The pros of the Fit are:
      -Better seats (more lateral support, better lumbar support, comfortable on long trips)
      -More rear seat leg room and headroom
      -Magic Seats (fold flat too!)
      -Less maintenance (according to the owner's manual)
      -5spd Auto is better than the Aveo's 4spd auto (only basing it off the test drive of the Aveo auto I drove)
      -Quieter interior @ cruising speed... better gearing too with the auto allows it to cruise right around 3krpms @80mph
      -Less body roll (stock)
      -More safety features
      -Cupholders (10!), good for road trips. I could personally care less though.
      -Use of space (you feel like the interior is much bigger than it is)
      -Reputation... you don't get much street cred if you own an Aveo

The pros of the Aveo are:
      -Better quality paint (it looks better to me)
      -Better interior dash layout
      -Better Windshield glass (the Fit is prone to cracks... we had one the first 3k miles)
      -Better interior carpets
      -Better seat material... the seats on the Fit are static electricity magnets!
      -Better visibility, the driver's side C/D pillar on the Fit is impossible to see out of
      -Top gear passing seems better on the highway
      -Easier to work on. Things are pretty tight in the Fit's engine compartment. Getting to the spark plugs on the Fit takes awhile
      -Range. I usually get 300 miles before the gas light comes on, the Fit gets about 270 or so. The Aveo has 11.9 vs 10.5 gallons for the fit.
      -Everything is cheaper (parts, the actual car)
      -Warranty

I would say they are equal at:
      -Long trips. I've taken the Aveo on 4 trips in excess of 1400 miles. I've taken the Fit on 2 trips of 1400 miles. They were both pretty good, no complaints.
      -Reliability. Neither have left me stranded so far.
      -Gas mileage. Aveo is averaging 32mpg, and I would imagine the Fit is right around there too, maybe 33mpg or so. The wife mainly drives the Fit and doesn't keep track.
      -Handling, overall. I'd give the edge to the Fit, but an Aveo with coilovers might edge out a Fit. I'll let you know. They both handle better than most of the cars on the road, considering more than half the cars on the road are SUVs, vans, trucks, and crossovers (at least it feels that way).
      -Fun to drive. An auto vs manual, the manual should win, but the bad feel of the Aveo's gearbox holds it back.
      -Interior trim quality. Plastics scratch very easily in both.
      -Acceleration. The Fit Auto is probably slower than the 5spd Aveo, but that is based solely on my butt dyno. They are both slow, regardless.
      -Not great in the snow, much better with snow tires.

I'm not worried about either car making it to 150k miles. They're both fine, and it really just matters what is important to the person buying the vehicle. I don't regret my purchase, although I wish I did get something a little more fun. But I couldn't afford something fun and reliable, so I went the "smarter" route and bought something reliable.

Thanks

nice comparison

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast