•  
    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Honda Fit that good?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: Is the Honda Fit that good?

I was actually planning on getting a Fiesta instead of the Fit, but my wife's car decided to crap out last year before the Fiesta made it to the US. Although the Fit is a little bigger on the inside. It has so much more utility. One thing I find funny is that the Accord Craptour has 51.3 cubic feet of interior storage space behind the front seats while the Fit has 57.3 (the Aveo has 37.2).

It is sad to say it, but the three sportiest cars that Honda currently makes are the Civic Si, the Accord Coupe, and the Fit. The CR-Z is just awful. Other than a good suspension, it doesn't have much else.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Irish, thank you for taking the time to write out the comparison. If you got time and motivation for it, you should copy and paste it to the fit forum too.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

you cant use logic to reason with others on such a fourm, it just will not happen, they dwell on the past why too much

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

Its funny how they think the Aveo is made in “China”, when we all know its Korean made and trust me never call a Korean Chinese.
      The Fit is way over priced for what you are buying, you get much more bang for your buck with the Aveo. The Aveo 5 has come a long way over the years and the 2009 was a big change for the car. Many improvements went into 2009 and the 2012 will be an all new car.
      I spent many years as a Quality Control member in the automotive industry and tested many different cars. To really know what a car can or can not do, you must test drive each one (of the same year). You have know idea how many cars Toyota buys each year from there competition and test.
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Thanks

LarsBud, I was trying to compare the same year Fit as the Aveo that I have (2006), and guess what... the Fit wasn't around yet... so for the 3 years the Aveo already existed in US (longer in other countries) before 2007, Fit was only in projects... So when they boast about it being a better car... well, it better be a better car for an additional few thousand dollars and a few more years of development.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

lol i think one of them are glad the transmission is from japan, im not too glad as it is the worst part of the car

Thanks

My Mazda CX-7 was all-Japanese parts/assembly, in fact it was all done in Hiroshima, Japan. So it was as Japanese as it gets... But I had to take it in to the Mazda dealer for warranty repairs/checks 4-5 times in the 11 months that I've owned it including a leaking engine oil pan seal (figures, they don't install the seal in there from the factory ).

Either way, Japanese cars aren't perfect, just like Korean... But they sure do cost a lot more. When I sold my CX-7 I had enough to buy both the HHR and Aveo for cash...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

edited

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

When I buy my cars I don't care what I get for it when I sell them. By that time I'm push them into the dealers lot.
      If you’re concerned about trade in value on a car, I would suggest leasing a car. That way you can just pay smaller monthly payments and replace it every three years.
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Honda maintains their resale value by never offering rebates etc. That is how resale is affected.

If a cars sticker is 16k. and that is all you will sell it for then that is the price they start the resale value equation with,
      where as all "american" cars always have the rebates. so when they calculate resale value they find the historically lowest available price the car was sold at.

The other thing about resale is availability. If you have 10 on the lot they will sell for less than if you have one. Honda dealerships only keep a few available cars on their lot (or so they tell you). So they can ask more. Locally most honda dealers rent or own a second parking lot away from the dealers were they store the "extra" cars.

I personally feel that cash for clunkers is going to kill resale on most of these little cars in a few years. You have so many bought at the same time, everyone is going to want out of them at the same time as well.

So yes a fit has a high resale value because you would have paid 16k + taxes etc for it in the first place. I paid 11k out the door for my aveo. So in 3 years if my aveo is worth 6k and the fir is worth 10k then i am actually taking less of a loss than the fit owner.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast