•  
    Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is the Honda Fit that good?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Is the Honda Fit that good?

btw how would the truth get me into trouble, you must admit some honda owners get a little extreme

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

thread does not need to be locked as long as it does not escalate past the point it's at, it's open forum anyways. Heated discussion is ok, passion is a good thing as long as you know when to stop.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      thread does not need to be locked as long as it does not escalate past the point it's at, it's open forum anyways. Heated discussion is ok, passion is a good thing as long as you know when to stop.
      i have a feeling it wont stop so im stopping

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

wow this has really flared up since ive been gone..

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob

Do the math means that if I buy a honda I have a 100% chance of getting a reliable car.
      If I buy a GM I have a 44% chance of getting a reliable car.
      Where does this math come from? Seriously i want to know. What are they numbers based on? ie one car starts __% of the time. or __ # of cars have one problem, etc..

You say 100% reliable for honda, but i see hondas at shops all the time, including my neighbors. If they were 100% reliable like you say, then honda dealerships wouldnt have mechanic shops they would have oil change stations.

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      So you call consumer reports biased? Ok, name a company, JD Power, Edmunds, they will all rate Honda as a "top pick".
      This is not "hype", it is the facts, and reliability is built over years of averages, not the one car you had, or your neighbor had.
      Consumer reports is bias, They all are, most companies rely on reviews of others and reword it, having never looked at the car. Consumer reports, is just that, they look at numbers of cars sold, how many issues reports and the define the "best buy", Car reviews etc are all bias, the only thing of ALL the things the review that you can't see for your self is reliability. AND that is only based on those who complained. Another example of bias, it seems Jeremy Clarkson doesn't believe a car under $20k is worth buying unless its a used BMW. If you want reliablity instead of reading a magazine that has compiled information from various sites, You for one should know that one person can complain about the same car on multiple sites. So how many times does the same complaint get counted?

You talk about HYPE, the Hype is the acceptance of honda. how many reviews i read that toss things aside like, "but its a honda" or something similar. like the low standards honda introduced in the 70s, are just barely improved upon every year, making better than last years model so they cant complain.

Carfax is not 100%. thatis what i was saying. You want a carfax certified car, fine. But that does not mean its never been hit. Or repaired. R title protection sure. Carfax, Consumer reports, etc are all for witless people who dont know a car from a skateboard. people That Don't know how to look at a car for work done, etc. There are enough of those people that have come to rely on carfax, and other reviews to buy a car as a "pro" Even a small repair can be a big problem in the future if its not done correctly.

You act like you should have bought a fit, here is the thing, on price point, fit and aveo are not in the same class. the only cars i can see in the same class are the kia rio5 and the hyundai accent hatch, MAYBE MAYBE a yaris. They are the only 4 sub $12k sticker cars i know of. Options dont mean ****, you might want them and pay top dollar for them, but you dont get anything back when they are traded in.. AND its still a sub $12K car even if you bought it for $20 because of $8k worth of features on it.

I am done in this thread too, like hunter. It seems you have buyers remorse because your car isnt a honda. I for one think the aveo is better because it isnt a honda, hell i was glad it was NOT built in the us, because i think the cobalt is a piece of ****.

and thats about all i can type on my iphone.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

I don't mean to throw stones here, but... I have a friend who has a 99 civic that he got from his parents when they bought a new car. Well today, he blew the motor. I don't have all the details yet but from what I know so far, there's alot of little pieces. He does not race, he does not mod cars, he drives like a gramma. I tried to get him to race my aveo when I first got it, but he wouldn't. He had the 1.6.
      this just says that **** happens to any car, any time, anywhere.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Wow, AveoRob, you backed out of ALL your posts? Seems like you replaced them all with "edited"... Interesting move.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567