•  

Thread: Looking for Wheel advice..please help

What's wrong with my car? wavdawg4's Avatar
      Thanks

Looking for Wheel advice..please help

Hello! I have been browsing the threads and noticed many aveo owners using 195/60/14's. I went out and priced some wheels and found that there aren't many options for 14's. I decided to browse Deeper into the threads and noticed others using 15" rims and going with 195/50-60. I am now all sorts of confused on if i should go with 14's or 15's and what tire size would be best as there have been so many mentioned.

Here's my situation. I need new rims, mine are bent. I commute to work and need something that will still be fuel efficient but give me more tire on the road so I'm not getting stuck in every groove in the road and looking like a drunk. I also have to keep track of my mileage so I have to make sure to stick with something fairly accurate. It rains a LOT where I am and also in the winter we have been getting snow. I know computers but I don't know cars, I decided I'd ask here among other Aveo drivers before trying to ask a kid working at a tire shop.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading :]

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I would get a 15" rim with a 195/50 or 60. If u plan on buying stock steel wheels, don't. For a couple of bucks more u can get some good looking aftermarket wheels, look for a package deal. Ur only real concern would be theft, but there are all kinds of way to deter half ass criminals. post pics of ur final decision

What's wrong with my car? wavdawg4's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thank you, and will do :] It will be a bit as I am pricing right now. Have to gather the funds :]

Thanks
      I have the stock aluminum OEM 15s with tires for $250 , if u r willing to pay for shipping, good tires included. I am currently on 15x7.5 up front and 15x8 0ut rear

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I am also looking at replacing my rims on my 06 Aveo LS. I am looking at getting some aftermarket rims but I have never looked much into them. Is there any place in particular you would suggest?

Thanks
      look for free shipping for new wheels....craigslist cant hurt, sometimes u get lucky

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Discount Tire Direct is very reasonably priced. You can get a nice set of 15" wheels AND tires, mounted, balanced and shipped to your door for under $700. 17" for under $1000.

discounttiredirect.com

Thanks
      The best deals are always on craigslist, there should at least be some used sets in your area for about half the cost of new. or do like I do and post a wanted ad describing what you are looking for 'wanted: 15" 4x100 wheels, w/ 40mm offset set of four' etc. or something like that, and they might come to you. I have found people with a used stock set just collecting dust if you don't mind stock alloy wheels. I am partial to the 15" on our LT, seems to handle well.