Ok. I know i ask you all about prices before I get things done to my Aveo. BUT I just got an 'appraisal' to replace my rear shocks.....$750! Even stupid me knows that is impossible.
Now I think my mechanics are screwing me, for some reason. Well trying to. I aint paying THAT! IF Monroe shocks cost that much, and I know they dont, I looked them up online, and it is 2.5 hrs to replace each side, the mech. cost per side at $80 per hour, it cant come to $750.
What have you all paid to have these replaced? I have that damn knocking sound coming from the right rear, sounds like a bowling ball knocking around back there over tiny tiny bumps. Over big bumps, not a sound. Rides great! so they tell me it is those uper bushings/mounts, worn out or become loose over the years. so the shocks are not even 'bad' yet! but since they would have to pull it all apart to get to these upper bushings/mounts, might as well replace the shocks...right???!
So it isnt a simple unsrcrew the old shock and screw in a new one, like they show all over 'YouTube'. Of course it cant be that simple, we/I have to have these upper mounts/bushings and other crap! I could change the easy ones on 'YouTube', but i dont dive a Chevy S-10, or some other simple unbolt the old and bolt on the new shock car, I have an Aveo

So...what should I be looking at for Tires Plus, or Tire Kingdom or some other mechanic, to replace all the parts of the rear shocks. All those rubber bushings/mounts...that make it so freaking hard to do! Or does someone here have a video, or have a series of pics. that shows how to get to the top of the shock, that is under that hard carpet in the back, and do it myself. I assume it is a DIY job, if you have the tools, and I dont. So i am willing to pay a reasonable price to have it done. But $750?!!! NO! Its time to part out the car and make a big profit and buy a Toyota if it really costs that much!!!