Tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything in the 40+ pages that show up when searching "ABS Codes"

04 Aveo, bought it cheap with a broken timing belt for my son's first car (he wanted a 79 Firebird; told him he gets to start with something with a little less horsepower - he also didn't like that I pointed out the fact that my Harley has a bigger engine than the Aveo....). We fixed all the engine issues, put on all new brakes, tires, wheel bearings, shocks/struts/mounts, front control arms, etc....

Since I got it running, the ABS light has come on - but when I scan it, there are no codes stored in the ABS module?? When we did brakes, I verified that all the sensors are connected and clean - and I would think that if one of them was the issue, it would hopefully set a code?

When the car is first started, the light is off - but as soon as the car moves a couple of feet, the light comes on. With no codes, I'm kind of at a loss of where to start digging to get this resolved - it doesn't seem to affect driving or braking (at least that I can notice), although the pedal is a bit "soft"; not sure if it's just the car or a related issue.

Anyone seen this issue and can offer any input on what they found?

Thanks,
Jim