•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 aveo suspension problems

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      well, i was told they could not change the inner left tie rod because they could not order the part separately - they said only the entire rack and pinion could be ordered.

they did change the sway bar bushings and that does not seem to have had any effect whatsoever.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yeah, i missed this post before..

the inner tie rod is part of the rack. I haven't torn into mine yet to see if its serviceable. But the dealer solution, or even mechanic shop, will be replacing the rack.

they looked ver the rest of the components? so you verified it was indeed the inner joint on the tie rod?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      yeah, i missed this post before..

the inner tie rod is part of the rack. I haven't torn into mine yet to see if its serviceable. But the dealer solution, or even mechanic shop, will be replacing the rack.

they looked ver the rest of the components? so you verified it was indeed the inner joint on the tie rod?
      Well rabbit, i have been told inner left tie rod end by a shop ~2 yrs ago, and again by this place. I can't say that all the noises I hear would be attributed to it, but definitely some (such as when turning to the right at low speeds and going over bumps, sort of a wobbly crunching sound).

I had actually ordered both inner and outer tie rods, and a friend was able to install the outers but could not install the inners with the tools he had at the time. So I will get the part back from him, since I left it there a while back. Hopefully this place should be able to do the job with that.

It just seems totally crazy to me that I'd need to replace the whole rack... though it's definitely not the first time I've heard that about this car.

Rock Auto definitely has inner tie rod ends sold separately for this car

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      yes they do, not the first time an aftermarket company offers a "piece" that the manufacturer neglects.

there is actually a part listing in the diagram denoting a reference #, but no part available for the inner tie rod.

It has to be able come off the rack in order for he rack to be put together, as well as have a pivot joint to bed.

so i imagine you do have the inner.

Thanks
      Rock Auto actually shows an inner tie rod by Moog for the Aveo
      However, Moog's website shows nothing at all for the Aveo, Wave or (new) Swift

I'll have to get the part I have at my friend's place and see if it's possible for this to be installed

Thanks
      sorry about hijacking your thread... my topic continues in : http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f85/b...76/#post148867

What's wrong with my car? bprickett's Avatar
      Thanks
      I just took my 2005 in for the second time after hearing and feeling the right rear "bottom out". The first time, the garage put it on the lift figuring it needed shocks. It didn't. They road tested and couldn't hear/feel any thing, so the next day "we" road tested it over bumps and the problem went away. That was 2 weeks ago.

This time they put it on a different lift so that the wheels wouldn't hang. They found that the bushings nee to be replaced...THE CATCH IS...Chevrolet doesn't sell the bushings alone...THEY ONLY SELL IT as the complete "REAR AXIL BEAM". This assembly costs $475.

Any suggestions?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      guy on here has workable bushings for @$150? no one here has bought or used them thus far.

he sells them on ebay as well for your buying protection.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Cool update

update: i bought the bushings the guy on ebay has for sale.. using a threaded rod and washers they went ingood, the old ones were wore out. ive put about 100 miles on the car and it rides just like it did new.. it takes some work to get them in there but its better to pay 115.00 than over 400.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      sounds good, why did you need to use threaded rod and washers? to pull them and put the in? or to reinstall the axle?

(just want clarification for readers) did you compare them side by side? still have the old ones??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast