•  

Thread: Cheap options to improve my exterior.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Cheap options to improve my exterior.

Hey y'all.

I want to begin changing up the outside of my Aveo. I have already agreed that I will be Plasti-dipping my wheels, but what else can I do that wouldn't be too expensive. Ideally, I would like to get better rims, but for now I am confined to using the stock wheels. What all have you folks done that hasn't been too expensive of a project? My buddy has mentioned using smoke out spray on my tail lights, but aside from the rims and smokey lights, I want more. Also, What types of ideas would you have for the interior as well? I was thinking of adding interior accent lights and tinting the windows, but as I have said before, it can't be too expensive. Thanks in advance!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      you could plasti dip the handles, emblems, gas tank door, side skirts. You can do vinyl inserts about 5 dollars a yard. I painted the engine cover and painted my pedals with engine enamel and it stays on rather well. just some ideas. post pics.

Thanks
      I paint a lot and vinyl decals are nice because you can always change your mind later.

Thanks
      floor lighting. You can buy 5 meters of LEDs on eBay for super cheap. You can also install a light strip over your license plate light. (Just did it the other night and love it)

Is there anything you have in mind that you think is too expensive?

Thanks
      I don't have an Aveo yet(but will be buying one in a few days for my DD) but when I got my Cobalt SS the first thing I did was debadge it. It's pretty simple but you should really take your time and do it right or you will scratch the **** out of your car and have to get it buffed. Haha. Anyways it's free and makes your rear look a lot better. Take your mom's hair dryer and heat up the lettering and symbols on your car. Then peel them away with the glue that holds them. If there is little globs of resin left, use bug and tar remover from your auto store to remove it(which would be the only expense IF it was needed). Black out your front chevy symbol. It makes a great difference.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I will suggest you a best website AM Car Parts | New and Used Car Parts and Car Accessories Online which provide all the car parts,interiors,exteriors and car accessories at the affordable rates

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      a cheap fix for the front of the vehicle is a universal front lip spoilers( the bottom rubber piece on your garage door with double face tape available at Home Depot) Ive even seen it used for side skirts, its your call but it is very cheap- probably less than $60 to put a lip around the entire car. Or buy a cheap ebay lip spoiler for a 99-00 civic n with a lil work it will fit, others here have done it. Maybe universal fender flares before dipping the car, u just screw them to the lip of ur fenders and I personally like the way flares look.