So Ive seen the issue with the weird shifting in the aveo transmissions, not wanting to go into higher gears and what not. But my issue seems unique and i cant figure it out. I came here specifically looking for help. The other night i pulled up to my house and attempted to back my car into the drive way. I came to a complete stop, put the car in reverse, let off the brake and nothing happened. Hit the gas a bit, nothing. Put the car in drive and it felt like the trans was slipping. There was a whirring noise like i lost first or something. I got the car in the drive way after i had to fight with it for reverse, it felt like it had lost that too. My first thought was the trans is shot, so i shut it off and went in. After thinking about it the noise reminded me of a manual grinding gears. So i went back out started it up, put it in reverse and it was fine. Put it in drive, pulled up and it was fine. This surprised me. I called where i purchsed the car and they told me a shift selector was replaced. I drove it today and i still have the strange noise in first, it sounds like a whirring metal to metal sound. Its really weird, ive never heard anything like it. Reverse works but if i shift up from drive to reverse it gives me issues and acts like its not going into gear all the way. Even if i try to shift back down into drive it gives me a problem, i have to go into park first if i change gears. Is it possible that the selector was installed incorrectly ? Is there anyway to adjust it ? Basically is there anything i can do to fix what the "ASE certified" mechanics messed up?
I have a 2008 aveo sedan, automatic transmission if you havent guessed. Lol please help guys this car is a necessity, and i cant find anything out of the ordinary as far as leaks go. Fluid isnt burnt, and when it gets out of first everything works fine. No noises or anything. Im hoping someone tells me the selector wasnt installed right.

Thanks in advance.