•  

Thread: Good ol Transmission issue

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Good ol Transmission issue

Hello Guys,

This is my first post because I need serious help. My transmission to my Chevy Aveo 2010 is leaking. We did a check on the dipstick and it had little to no fluid. The car would shift weird while down shifting to a stop. I just bought this car last year and I use it to commute and it only has 36,000 miles on it. The dealer said I have ran out of warranty is this true? In the winter I did have a leak in the coolant that was replaced by a family friend could that be the problem with an incorrect fix? I just need help this car is having issues like a car in the 100k range should have. Please help should I also check the recalls also? Thanks

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      It's possible the two might be connected as the car uses a combined radiator and oil cooler.

The two pipes you see running across the front of the radiator are the feeds from the ATF sump beneath the gear box.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/u...ing-one-16567/

This thread suggests the 2009 model had numerous complaints about the wall between the two sections failing and oil mixing with coolant. I guess my first port of call would be to check around the ATF sump, the plumbing between the sump and radiator and radiator itself for any leaks. Also, check for any signs of oil in the coolant.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikerichx3 View Post
      Hello Guys,

This is my first post because I need serious help. My transmission to my Chevy Aveo 2010 is leaking. We did a check on the dipstick and it had little to no fluid. The car would shift weird while down shifting to a stop. I just bought this car last year and I use it to commute and it only has 36,000 miles on it. The dealer said I have ran out of warranty is this true? In the winter I did have a leak in the coolant that was replaced by a family friend could that be the problem with an incorrect fix? I just need help this car is having issues like a car in the 100k range should have. Please help should I also check the recalls also? Thanks
      Hello mikerichx,

We apologize for any trouble you've experienced with your 2010 Aveo. Since we're not trained technicians, I am unable to provide any technical assistance regarding your transmission. However, I'd be happy to check for any recalls or service announcements related to your concern by using your VIN. I can also check the current status of your warranty and answer any other questions you may have.

Please send your VIN, contact information, mileage, and preferred dealership in a private message for further assistance.

Thank you!

Jasmine F
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Okay thank you guys so much for the support. I have another question I live in buffalo new york and I wanted to know if the dealer i bought it from (Basil on Transit Rd.) can fix this. I had a coolant issue and I asked and they said no so will they bulge if its a power train issue. This car is relatively new and I am mechanically inclined, should I get the transmission flushed and what other things I should check?