•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seems weaker than my dads...IAT maybe?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      any more info on the resister mod? we have an intake, and the IAT sits in it losely and i think silicone is ugly so i just let it hang there.
      I actually bought one on eBay. I knew it was a jip but it came with a cool mods cd. You can google it and find threads on most tuner forums.

Yeah the resistor mod is a ripoff if you use ebay for it.
      Just find out which resistor is right, not sure how that works.

As far as it running better, I think I figured it out.
      Seems his revs smooth from top to bottom.

Apparently my intake is more of an advantage towards higher RPMs.
      From idle, as I give it gas it seems sluggish - but I think it's because I am comparing it to 3-6k rpm, which is faster by a lot.
      I compared them side by side, and it revs just as fast from idle to 3k, then mine is faster from 3-6.

What have you done on the maintenance schedule? You might as well do the plugs ( possibly wires ). Flush fluids and probably do a timing belt since that is pretty important in itself. For a good deal go to a shop and have a fuel system cleaning done or do it yourself with off the shelf cleaners like seafoam and just use it all around. As for the valve noise you can do an oil system flush and it might clean up the upper end of the engine or maybe have the valve clearance checked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12