OK so here goes... Im sure you've all read my crappy Internal pop thread.

Well, I drove my dads Aveo with the auto tranny I have the 5 speed, for about the past week while I waited for my new rims (trashed front right rim on pothole, grr)

With his motor in neutral, it seems to rev EVENLY, and quick.
When I do the same with my motor- it lacks the fast rev of his motor.

I also have a bit of "valve noise" from what I can tell.
I only have 43k miles, he has 33k... and his motor seems to be running a lot better than mine?

The only mod I have done is an intake pipe and a K&N filter.
My IAT sensor isn't ALL the way in, but I think its in far enough.
Could that be the cause? The gasket that came with the pipe for the IAT was REALLY tight, and only allowed me to get about 80% of the sensor in.

I think the light valve noise I have is just because I run it hard, I should probably get my valvetrain checked for valve lash, anyone know what that job will run? $200? $300?
Would it be a warranty issue if they need adjustment?

Anyway. I am going to try popping out the IAT gasket and put the sensor in further, and tape around it for now.
If that solves the problem- well hell, I am a moron. But considering much more air is getting in that with stock filter, wouldn't that make up for the sensor not being all the way in and it should run like stock?

If this doesn't work I am taking it in to check it out.
I was told Intake kits void the warranty, so do I need to reinstall the old airbox and will they be able to tell I had one?