•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other group buys?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i forget his name but a guy on daewootech was making them, you can also find shops that will do custom regrinds, price would depend on what the shop wants to charge and their technique..

i am going to contact someone about other things i'll ask him about cams, problem is setting up durations etc that would be usefully with out interferences, without having an engine to test with..

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      A custom cam shop will do whatever you want for a price.
      Not to be critical of ur work, I know u got the design of the pulley down but did u make sure its gona be thick/strong enought? I think u sayd it would be aluminum, and that will cut the weight a lot but its also a weaker metal, I mean did u consider torsional rigidity to withstand the stress, also where it goes into the shaft, where it will be steel to aluminum contact theres gona be the rotational streess, just making the point that I rather of have it overbuild than underbuild, we all apreciate u taking this task under ur responsability. Another question, U think it would be easyer or more cost effective to have the OEM pulley machined most of its weight out?

Thanks
      I did analyze the part to make sure it would hold up to the stresses of regular use. See here.

You could see some benefit from removing the dampening ring from the stock pulley. This would lighten it up ~2-3 lbs I'd guess (stock weight is ~5 lbs). However, it would still not be as light as the underdrive pulley and not have the advantage of underdriving the accessories.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i forget his name but a guy on daewootech was making them, you can also find shops that will do custom regrinds, price would depend on what the shop wants to charge and their technique..

i am going to contact someone about other things i'll ask him about cams, problem is setting up durations etc that would be usefully with out interferences, without having an engine to test with..
      do you think that you or the shop would be able to get them it? I am not worried about price with them, I would rather have them work to the best of our ability, I would not mind a small vacation up there

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      lurking around the import sites, it seems the crank pulley will add about 6-10% more whp ( about 7-9whp for you math failures)...those are some nice gains, seems similar to what xaio got, the majority of the numbers I found were from either stock cars or cars with a CAI and other very minor mods, damn good deal, and adding in some cam pullies would only help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123