•  

Thread: motor setup ideas?????

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

motor setup ideas?????

so i have a 04 aveo hatch. I have around $800 in it all together and finally got it runnin. It runs like a top but im unsure of the deowoo motor? Does gm make a replacement motor that gm built? Ive looked up the lsj swap and i would love too and i dont have alot of money tied up at all but not sure i want to fork the money over because i have a 18 month old and im unsure of "ALL" the parts i would need and the cost. And most likely i would have to take it to one of the preformance shops where i live and they do all the work lol. There is a shop where i live and they do hydrogen kits on cars.. It cost $1200. It will boost up my mpg, keep the motor clean internally, but ive read that its not good doesnt work and all. The guy that does it has put it on his cars a few other customers cars and one came back and said that shes gettin more mpg and all but they was busy and couldnt talk long about it. Does any one know anythin about hydrogen kits put on cars? I would love to hear feed back lol

Last edited by chd_wrly; 06-23-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chd_wrly View Post
      so i have a 04 aveo hatch. I have around $800 in it all together and finally got it runnin. It runs like a top but im unsure of the deowoo motor? Does gm make a replacement motor that gm built? Ive looked up the lsj swap and i would love too and i dont have alot of money tied up at all but not sure i want to fork the money over because i have a 18 month old and im unsure of "ALL" the parts i would need and the cost. And most likely i would have to take it to one of the preformance shops where i live and they do all the work lol. There is a shop where i live and they do hydrogen kits on cars.. It cost $1200. It will boost up my mpg, keep the motor clean internally, but ive read that its not good doesnt work and all. The guy that does it has put it on his cars a few other customers cars and one came back and said that shes gettin more mpg and all but they was busy and couldnt talk long about it. Does any one know anythin about hydrogen kits put on cars? I would love to hear feed back lol
      Take the 1200 dollars and put it in a college fund for your 18 month old baby.

Thanks
      The stock engine is fine, just gotta keep an eye on the timing belt and general maintenance.

Don't waste your time on the hydrogen kit. Another site I run is all about how to get better mileage out of your car and hydrogen is probably #1 on our list of things NOT to do. There are plenty of other things you can do though. Driving style can effect your mileage +/- 50%, pump your tires up, blocking off some of your grill, and many other things.

Thanks
      well i have an account set up for her already. That was done way before i bought my aveo lol. And i read they wasnt good but i was unsure because the way technology is now in days. The reason im iffy about the motor is because we hd the plug wires set normal and it wouldnt satrt. We switched them around still nothin, switched it back the way we had it and started right up. The head was done at 80k due to belt and now has 116k miles. I was wonderin if they hve one another replacement motor besides deowoo. This might sound stupid but has anyone ever thought of puttin a civic mortor in one???lol. Just a thoght

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chd_wrly For This Useful Post:

Zuiqe (10-29-2017)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chd_wrly View Post
      This might sound stupid but has anyone ever thought of puttin a civic mortor in one???lol. Just a thoght
      What? Such blasphemy. You will soon face the wrath of an enigma known as thehunteroo.

Thanks
      It would be way more trouble than its worth. Do a search for engine swap. There are a few larger engines you can drop into an Aveo if you want some more go power. However, if you're looking to keep the good gas mileage you already got the best you can get (without importing a 1.4L or diesel).

Thanks
      i like performance and i have been lookin things up but all ive seen is the lsj swap and ive only read one that was successful but that was the green monster and one almost done or is done, not sure, and he is on here. Ive looked stuff up for preformance stuff for our cars and you have to rig a d16 header and no cams and nothin except cai or ram intakes. I would love to find a somewhat easy gm swap for our cars. But the honda thing was just a thought. Ive seen the sbc in s-10, well i had one, sbc in mustangs and even camros with 351 (ewww lol)

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      any swap could be done, its jus mounts and axles.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      one person put a forenza motor in, pretty straightforward 2.0L drops right in, mostly need ECU.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.